Does anyone recognize this style of scope ring?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Earlier this week I was given this Leupold 4X RF Special scope, and it came with the rings attached that you see in these pictures. I'm going to mount it on a Ruger 10/22 using different rings; but I'm just curious as to what these rings are meant to fit. I don't recognize the mounting system, but it looks like they fit a base or rail that is about 0.400" wide. Does anyone recognize this style?

20230930_150131.jpg

20230930_150157.jpg

20230930_150229.jpg

Looks like a weaver rimfire ring

Looks like late 80's vintage Burris tip-off rings for standard grooved rimfire rifle receivers. Used to sell them by the boatload at the gun shop I worked in back in St Paul. Great quality and, at the time, they were -30% lower priced vs Leupold rings.

@Bullthrower338 , thanks for the tip! As luck would have it, I just happened to have an old Weaver rimfire rail for a Ruger 10/22 sitting in a box of spare scope parts from my Dad's collection, and it mounted right up without a hitch using the existing rings. Thanks to everyone for their willingness to help; that's what I love about this forum. Much appreciated! :)

20230930_163502.jpg

Last edited:
They could be Burris, Redfield or Weaver, the big ass screw is what made me think weaver, they all fit the same rail.

Perfect, makes a good looking set up!

Yes, that's a perfect combination of scope, rings, rail and rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyler87432f

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?