7MAG

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Someone better buy this before I do

5B0D4F82-F193-43CB-A326-FCA1222D5F95.png
47123178-1DE9-418E-8C6C-13A61AD4EFEA.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez at that price just buy it....even if you don't use it, I should imagine in not too distant future you will min double your money or more......if I didn't have exact same I would be getting you or someone on here that's over there to buy for me, then make a plan to get it here...after payment of course... :E Big Grin:

I wonder if the seller would be offended if you asked him if the rifle actually feeds - from - well you know - the magazine.....? :A Too Cool::E Angel:

Man I'd be all over this, but still alittle gun shy from my purchase on here.

FYI, based on experience with a number of these (I still own 3), the .375 H&H and .416 Rigby CZ 550 fed well from the factory. It was the .458 Win and .458 Lott that experienced occasional issues (the straight cases are a lot more difficult to make feed right because they do not have a shoulder to index the rails), and it was the bubbah-smith conversions to .500 Jeff etc. that were nightmarish...

A factory CZ 550 .416 Rigby may have a few machining burrs inside the rear bridge, and be a bit rough initially, but nothing that 4 hours with jeweler files and fine grit paper, then a couple hundreds bolt opening/closing with valve grinding compound in the rear bridge and lugs raceways cannot fix.

The only three cardinal rules are:
1) polish off to a mirror finish the tool marks on the underside of the feeding rails, but do not remove material off them;
2) do not touch the rear face of the two locking lugs;
3) do not put valve grinding compound inside the front bridge or on the rear face of the two locking lugs.

Or have a competent gunsmith do this for you, and install a AHR 3 position bolt-mounted safety (a.k.a. Win 70 safety), all for $700, and this will become a dang near perfect $1,700 DG rifle...

And this one already has the Bell & Carlson Kevlar & aluminum bedding block stock (a.k.a. Aramid CZ stock), so the other CZ issue (loose inletting and cracking wood stocks) is already addressed...

It will never look anywhere near as good as Red Leg's CZ 550 action-based custom .404 Jeffery by Craig Libhart, but it can very easily be made as reliable :)

Last edited:
Question for you guys with a history of buying guns online. How do you root out a fraudulent seller? The seller of this rifle has no confirmed sales, at least that I can find and only excepts checks and money orders.
After I posted this question I researched past post about fraudulent seller. Jerome and others have posted a wealth of information and wisdom. I will ask some follow up questions of the seller and see what shakes out.

Last edited:
As a follow up to my post last night. I sent the seller a request for a few very specific photos and the FFL they would prefer to use. They responded with one pic that I did not request and said they would get me the rest.
This evening I received a notice from Gun’s America that GUNUIOP778 is a fraudulent account and to not I act with them.
THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN TAGGED AS A FRAUD by Guns America.

As a follow up to my post last night. I sent the seller a request for a few very specific photos and the FFL they would prefer to use. They responded with one pic that I did not request and said they would get me the rest.
This evening I received a notice from Gun’s America that GUNUIOP778 is a fraudulent account and to not I act with them.
THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN TAGGED AS A FRAUD by Guns America.
Imagine that? He’ll (maybe it’s Chicken farmers?) maybe post it here for sale under a different screen name. He’ll definitely try it on Gunjoker. If the price is too good to be true, there’s a good chance it’s fraudulent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SueLedoux9

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia