Dip and Pack Port Elizabeth

gutterdoc

AH veteran
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
113
Reaction score
85
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA
Hunted
US(AZ, AK, CT, IA, MT, NC, OH, TX, WY) South Africa
OK folks. I've been following the taxidermy threads and even started a few myself. One question that hasn't been asked, or I couldn't find a post on, was who does REASONABLE dip and pack to US? Some of the more reputable taxidermist in PE area charge $90 to $200 an animal. What is a reasonable price? I can compare mounted work and then be able to justify the price difference, but not so much with dip and pack. Anyone have good/bad experience with anyone in the greater PE area?
 
We used Karl Human Taxidermy and were completely happy. We did not have them do mounts but I did see their work at the camp and it was good. Prices were good also. Their e mail is karlhuman@telkomsa.net Prices for D&P were $100-120/animal and 300 for crating and paperwork.
 
I would *not* use Splitting Images taxidermy. We just got our taxidermy in (done locally) and the hides were not taken care of. If you don't mind paying a bit to cover their travel, Trophy Solutions Africa (www.dipandpack.com) did a great job on our first trip. Our taxidermist said that he wasn't sure that he'd seen a better job of prepping and handling the hides and skulls. Their "free" pickup doesn't extend down to Port E. but I think that they will come down there with an extra fee for travel. I highly recommend them. The only thing that they didn't do that we asked of them was to reduce the number of crates as much as possible when shipping. But we were still very happy with the results.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,407
Members
169,561
Latest member
DPALorene0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top