Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
South Africa Eastern Cape
The old days!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, it hasn't changed much. its still more dangerous to hunt deer in western WA then it is to hunt any dangerous game in Africa!

where I live the odds of getting shot by another hunter are very high. we average a couple gunshot victims a year during hunting season. people in general are stupid and have no regard for the safety of others.

-matt

Last edited:
I agree. Too many hunters running around on public land has pushed me more towards hunts on private land.

Interesting, I hunt on private land but I am thinking about public land. I am part of a club that gives me access. Problem is that I come in after someone else with "exclusive rights" has fouled the area. Sloppy seconds?! The availability of public land makes it appealing but maybe it is a case of the grass is always greener on the other side? At least I won't get shot sitting there.

Yep it's why I belong to a deer club in another state and we hunt on private land.

When I was younger I believe there were over 2 million hunters in the woods on the first day of buck season in Pennsylvania. I also believe that would be the largest armed force in the world and surely no one would ever try to invade PA.

I hunt both private and public. In PA there is plenty of public land where you can avoid other hunters if you are willing to walk a little. Most hunters don't get far from the parking lots. 2 of the 3 bear I have taken were on PA state game lands and a good amount of whitetails as well. Stay away from the easy access areas and there is not a problem. And if you hunt the bow season before gun, even less of a concern.

Yes that was an accurate number when I was younger as well. We would have 30 from my uncles club on the first day. That same club now has only 10-15 people who hunt. The others fish or just tell stories. My own two boys have no interest in hunting. One did for a while but no longer.

@Lee M fear not, there are new generations of hunters. My father never hunted, but I love it. I discovered hunting while stationed in Texas and now look for every opportunity.

Rinehart- Looks like we have two things in common. A dad who didn't hunt and time in the service. I hit 29 years this month. 10 active and now a reservist.

Glad you picked up this sport!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francisca1

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]