Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
United States
Beautiful day here in Colorado Springs, 88° with a nice cool breeze! So my good friend and I went to Dragonman Shooting range along with @CoElkHunter
And CoElkHunter is a great guy! Really great! I’d go afield with him any day!!!
I took my Winchester Custom Shop 458WinMag and my Custom Winchester 375 H&H, and CoElkHunter brought his AHR CZ 550Mag in 416 Rigby and a Ruger in 375 Ruger!
We had a great time! We not only shot all the rifles but chrono’d them all, mine with multiple types of ammunition. I now know my 458 will toss a 575gr round at close to 2050ftps and my 375 shoots Federal TB 300gr rds at 2550fps…
CoElkHunters shot 400gr rds at 2350fps! I think we are both in good hands if we have a rouge elephant in our neighborhood trampling our yards lol Gotta protect my lawn lol

Last edited:
Yes, a great day at the range with @CZDiesel and his buddy! CZ is a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I felt very fortunate to be able to shoot two of CZ’s many really awesome rifles. I had never shot a pre 64 Winchester 70 before and his ‘53(?) custom .375 H&H is AWESOME! The balance, smooth action and trigger were superb, not to mention the BEAUTIFUL stocks on both rifles. His Winchester custom shop .458WM is a very close second. I’ve never shot rifles of that quality before and never imagined I would have ever been able to do so. It was also nice that CZ had his chronograph along. He was able to check a variety of different loadings for his .458. Good times! I can’t wait to go again sometime.

How did the aria ammunition chronograph compared to what they published in your 458?
The Aria 575gr which was advertised at 2100 shot out of my rifle at 2050ftps which Im ok with, and I will tell you was lively!!! It hits fast and hard out of my 8lb Winchester lol And It didn’t show any signs of pressure worries…
But it’s 4am and I’ve got to try to grab some sleep, so I’ll update on the rest later…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YFIAlda880

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia