CZ550 .416 Rigby Rifle With Upgrades, Ammo, Reloading Dies, Brass & Bullets For Sale/Trade

WisconsinKen

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hey everyone. Have a CZ550 .416 Rigby I bought from Head Trauma here off the forum a few years ago. Here is how he as the original owner described the rifle:
Rifle was purchased new, bore deep cleaned to bare metal, inspected with a borescope and lapped.
Very minimal powder/copper fouling, not like the usual CZ big bore copper mine, easy cleanup.
Custom bolt handle, huge improvement over the factory one.
NEC front sight, custom NEC rear sight, vast improvement over the factory rear sight
Sights are spot on at 25/50 yards, OEM front and rear sights included.
OEM rear sight can be easily re-installed if desired
Round count is 51
Wisner drop pocket floorplate, a new catch was fabricated to get it fitted properly, fits snug and locks up tight, no rattle, OEM floorplate included. The OEM floorplate catch is lost in space, easy to replace.
Brockman front sling stud
Timney trigger, big improvement over the factory trigger, OEM trigger included.
B&C stock, 13-3/4" LOP, 8.7 lbs, barrel is free floated.
100 rounds Hornady unfired brass, 34 rounds loaded and once fired brass, Hornady dies and shellholder
Exceptionally accurate with CEB Raptors and Safari solids, 90-95 gr H4350 and you are good to go.
Load data and chronograph data included
As new appearance, no cosmetic flaws, this is a turnkey DG rifle ready to go with all the bells and whistles.
New bolt handle was done by Tom Jackson, Dubuque Iowa, master class gunsmith.

I have not fire it since I bought it from him. Have added a lot of reloading supplies and ammo to the pile since I bought it.

Pic one shows everything included. Pic two shows all the CZ550 .416 Rigbys I could find sold lately. On a commonly used auction site (not sure if I am allowed to type their name here) they have been going for 1950-2800. Only the 2800 one had upgrades. Everything else is bare stock and most not even in BC stocks.average price was $2221. One completely stock rifle with wood was sold on here in August for 2100 and people are asking $1500 just for an action.
So, I put $2200 in the spreadsheet as a very fair price for rifle (basically all the upgrades are free) and everything else brought the total up to over $3800. Willing to do 1/2 price on all the accessories so we’d be looking at $3000 for the whole complete ready-for-dangerous-game package.
No shipping to states which hate firearms. Also, no Alaska or Hawaii. I will eat $100 of the shipping, handling and insurance.
I am also open to trades ranging from single items to multiple firearms from your side.
.375 H&H is one of my favorites. Also like handguns.
C8A4BA95-4A43-4832-9186-EA1EA16F39DD.jpeg
8E61EC5C-59A9-48EF-A32E-35A06A85BC15.jpeg

I will try to get rifle pics up now. I am on my in-laws WiFi which is slow. More pics will follow tomorrow night when I get home.

0F7031FF-0865-4D02-9F83-88D388564B43.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was 375 H and H I would open my gun safe to you to pick any guns you wish. From Steyr AUG to all my custom made rifles

Bump and price drop to $2900 shipped for whole package.
Still open to trades - have a soft spot in my heart for a nice .375 H&H. Maybe a combo of a really nice 30-06 and 270 Winchester? 6 Glocks? Sea container full of HiPoints? Supercharger for a 2009 5.7L Hemi.

Someone convinced me the break up the package so the 400gr bullets, brass and dies are sold.
To avoid confusion going forward about what is still available, I will be posting the remaining bullets, ammo and rifle each under new different posts later tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henrietta8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa