Website
www.youtube.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Texas, Arkansas, Alaska
I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm selling what had been a very faithful rifle, but for a good cause.

20240611_214258.jpg

This rifle began life as an early version of the Ruger Guide Gun chambered in 375 Ruger.

Rick Steiner from Extreme Rifles worked on it on two occasions. First he cut the barrel to 16.75 inches and he turned it down to make it lighter. He installed a Williams front site. Some metal was also milled off the action to make it lighter. This brought the weight down to 6.75 pounds without a scope.
20240611_214149.jpg

Later Rick fitted an MPI Mountain Stock. The stock has "magnum reinforcement " i.e. more fiberglass layers than you would have for a super light 308 type mountain rifle. A bit heavier but also stronger. The bottom metal was replaced and it has an ADL style blind mag. Length of pull is 12.5 inches because I'm not a big man and I typically hunt in a jacket.
20240611_214319.jpg

The current weight is just a hair over 6 pounds without a scope. My plan was to add a 16 oz Trijicon scope whichever would have brought total weight up to around 7..25 to 7.5 pounds. I handloaded for it and my loads were a bit under max, more like warm 9.62x64 loads. This made recoil more tolerable.

20240611_214114.jpg

There is a quick detach NECG peep site for if the scope fails. I modified it because the thumb screw got lot and I stripped out a small screw meant to secure one side of the mount. I sighted it in and locked that part in place with a bit of JB weld, not pretty but it works. I always ran a scope so I didn't care if the peep site was ugly.
20240611_214039.jpg

This rifle has been accurate and reliable. I have carried it on many adventures in Alaska but the stock is brand new and has never seen the field.
I will not lie this rifle is not perfect. The barrel color doesn't quiet match the receiver (I didn't have time to fix that, not Rick's fault) and the metal has scrapes and dings from a good life of hunting. But it is functionally solid. You could spend money making it a bit prettier but it would not kill things deader.
I'm only selling this rifle because I don't need it, I have cheaper rifles that do the job, and I'm spending like a drunk sailer working with a non profit taking kids hunting. This is what it's going towards...
20230609_221638.jpg

I will sell this rifle for $2000 shipped in the USA. I don't think I can do international sales. If you live in Alaska and can meet in person I'll do $1900. The original rifle would be $1300 today and the stock work alone is $900. Doing the same package from scatch would be around $3000. I can include a reloading package of 260 gr Nosler Partition bullets, 300 gr Nosler Partitions, 270 gr Sierra Boottails, 235 and 250 gr Barnes, 100+ peices of brass and the reloading dies for $400. The reloading components could be a separate deal if you are interested because I could put them in a flat rate box and ship separate from the rifle.
20240518_192259.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested in the reloading package. I'll try to send you a PM, but often my tech skills are lacking. 8

I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm selling what had been a very faithful rifle, but for a good cause.

View attachment 612793
This rifle began life as an early version of the Ruger Guide Gun chambered in 375 Ruger.

Rick Steiner from Extreme Rifles worked on it on two occasions. First he cut the barrel to 16.75 inches and he turned it down to make it lighter. He installed a Williams front site. Some metal was also milled off the action to make it lighter. This brought the weight down to 6.75 pounds without a scope.
View attachment 612795
Later Rick fitted an MPI Mountain Stock. The stock has "magnum reinforcement " i.e. more fiberglass layers than you would have for a super light 308 type mountain rifle. A bit heavier but also stronger. The bottom metal was replaced and it has an ADL style blind mag. Length of pull is 12.5 inches because I'm not a big man and I typically hunt in a jacket.
View attachment 612796

The current weight is just a hair over 6 pounds without a scope. My plan was to add a 16 oz Trijicon scope whichever would have brought total weight up to around 7..25 to 7.5 pounds. I handloaded for it and my loads were a bit under max, more like warm 9.62x64 loads. This made recoil more tolerable.

View attachment 612794
There is a quick detach NECG peep site for if the scope fails. I modified it because the thumb screw got lot and I stripped out a small screw meant to secure one side of the mount. I sighted it in and locked that part in place with a bit of JB weld, not pretty but it works. I always ran a scope so I didn't care if the peep site was ugly.
View attachment 612797
This rifle has been accurate and reliable. I have carried it on many adventures in Alaska but the stock is brand new and has never seen the field.
I will not lie this rifle is not perfect. The barrel color doesn't quiet match the receiver (I didn't have time to fix that, not Rick's fault) and the metal has scrapes and dings from a good life of hunting. But it is functionally solid. You could spend money making it a bit prettier but it would not kill things deader.
I'm only selling this rifle because I don't need it, I have cheaper rifles that do the job, and I'm spending like a drunk sailer working with a non profit taking kids hunting. This is what it's going towards...
View attachment 612798
I will sell this rifle for $2000 shipped in the USA. I don't think I can do international sales. If you live in Alaska and can meet in person I'll do $1900. The original rifle would be $1300 today and the stock work alone is $900. Doing the same package from scatch would be around $3000. I can include a reloading package of 260 gr Nosler Partition bullets, 300 gr Nosler Partitions, 270 gr Sierra Boottails, 235 and 250 gr Barnes, 100+ peices of brass and the reloading dies for $400. The reloading components could be a separate deal if you are interested because I could put them in a flat rate box and ship separate from the rifle.
View attachment 612799
Do not mean to Jack your thread but are you using the 260 or the 300 for bear ? What vel with the 16” barrel. Thank you

I think I got 2520 FPS With a load of varget and a 260 grain Nosler partition bullet. I used that load to kill two grizzly bears and a few other things. I could have got a bit more with other powders but that was a nice low recoiling load

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeyyy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia