Custom TarHunt 20 Gauge Slug Rifle - 270 Yard Accurate - New Price

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
It's based on a stainless action Savage 220 20 gauge slug gun. It has a Zeiss illuminated 1-4x scope. It has a custom Kenton turret burned to Remington Accutip PRA20M saboted slugs, the most accurate type available. It has a custom stock from Boyds. I think it was either pillar or glass bedded. It has a custom fluted bull barrel with integral muzzle brake from Tar-Hunt. Custom trigger set to 3-3.5lbs. Custom bolt handle for easier feeding and loading. EGW steel picatinny base. Warne QD 30mm rings in low or ultra low config. Thumbhole custom stock with the checkering upgrade and other features. I'm sure I'm forgetting a number of specs of the build. The custom turret is spec'd for drops from 50 yards to 270 yards and that is about the shooting distance you'll get with precision on this gun.

Includes a spare factory savage magazine.

Bottom line, if you want to shoot deer, hogs, and other game at rifle distances but you're stuck in a slug-only jurisdiction, this custom is as good as you can get. If you have a kid or a female hunter in your family, the integrated muzzle brake provides a manageable recoil hunting weapon a possibility.

$3400 plus shipping to your FFL in the lower 48 States

IMG_0226 2.JPG
IMG_0227 2.JPG
IMG_0228 2.JPG
IMG_0229 2.JPG
IMG_0230 2.JPG
IMG_0231 2.JPG
IMG_0232 2.JPG
IMG_0233 2.JPG

I've wanted a bolt slug gun for quite a while but never pursued it past drooling; for me it was the Browning A-Bolt slug gun. Don't think they make it anymore.

This gun looks nice for sure.

I've wanted a bolt slug gun for quite a while but never pursued it past drooling; for me it was the Browning A-Bolt slug gun. Don't think they make it anymore.

This gun looks nice for sure.

The browning A-bolt was pretty good quality overall, but it had some shortcomings (not in the looks dept) that impacted it. You couldn't headspace the barrel for optimal accuracy with the desired slug (PRA20M 3"), the trigger was atrocious and could not be improved. Browning spent a lot of money on good bluing and nice wood, but the inherent limitations in its potential accuracy is what set it back. You have to have a savage 220 action as a foundation to be able to garner the accuracy out to rifle distances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EzequielSt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's