Custom .458 finally done!!

Roosterlund

AH member
Reaction score
Hi AH members, enjoying this forum a lot!
One of my favorite things to do is look at all the pics of the beautiful guns you guys have.
I have become African rifle obsessed through this build. My gun was a project that my father’s friend started about 25 years ago.
He had a Douglas premium barrel put on a Interarms action and put into a curly maple stock. He ended up breaking his shoulder and couldn’t shoot magnum guns any more.
So gun sat in corner of shop for all those years. I bought gun and started shaping stock. Brought to my smith who made it into this piece of art work. It’s no Rigby but I love it !!! Hope you enjoy. As you see big Winchester guy so carried over some similarities

IMG_1731.jpeg
IMG_1729.jpeg
IMG_1732.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_1734.jpeg
IMG_1738.jpeg
IMG_1741.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks first rate on that rifle. Well done. Is that a 25" bbl? That rifle deserves a cape buffalo in it's future..............FWB

:S Welcome:

Nice job on getting it finished up!

Can't wait to see the hunting report after the first time you take it.

Hello Roosterlund,

Presuming that since you are posting in the introductions & greets portion here, you are a new member.

Therefore, Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Your custom .458 looks great by the way.

Now, you must book a buffalo hunt with it.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilbertHer

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!