Custom .416 Rem Interarms Mauser

stk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Interarms Mark X in .416 Rem with a Douglas barrel. It’s a 26” 8 groove barrel with a quarter rib and folding leaf sights at 100, 200, and 300 yards and an under barrel sling swivel. The wood is very nice. If anything, it’s better than the pictures let on. It has a 14.5” length of pull with a substantial 1+” recoil pad. The finish is worn on the receiver where the previous owner used some compound to attach a scope mount. It’s covered up by any mounts that would be used for a scope, including the set on it. You can see it in the pictures.

Rifle weighs right at 10 lbs without scope or mount. The barrel tapers from about .950” just in front of the chamber to .750” at the muzzle. It balances well. My plan was to have the current pad replaced with a red NECG as the LOP is a little longer than I need.

Included with the rifle are the mounts and Nikon 1.5-4.5x20 scope. Nikon is Japanese and I believe of the Monarch line. The eye relief is good for this rifle.

I bought this rifle for an Africa trip that didn’t happen. Now I’m heading overseas for a couple of years and anything I don’t sell will be placed in storage. So, I’m trying to sell enough to get down to one (maybe two) gun safes.

Priced to sell at $2300 shipped to the lower 48.

IMG_8376.jpeg

IMG_8380.jpeg

IMG_8377.jpeg

IMG_8381.jpeg

IMG_8383.jpeg

IMG_8386.jpeg

IMG_8387.jpeg

IMG_8674.jpeg

Very nice! Just curious, I know nothing about the Mark X. Were those built on a magnum length action?

My understanding is that they were standard length actions that were opened up internally to make room for the .375 H&H (and in this case the .416 rem).
Thanks. If a standard military 98 action, they sure did a nice job of filling in the stripper clip slot. Or maybe they used commercial actions? What's marked on the receiver? It is a beauty for sure. I have $2K in my military Mauser build into 404 and it doesn't look nearly as nice. Seems like a fair price. Good luck!

Thanks. If a standard military 98 action, they sure did a nice job of filling in the stripper clip slot. Or maybe they used commercial actions? What's marked on the receiver? It is a beauty for sure. I have $2K in my military Mauser build into 404 and it doesn't look nearly as nice. Seems like a fair price. Good luck!
Interarms used Zastava (Yugoslavian) commercial Mauser actions that they imported and built rifles on in Manchester, England. They are very nice commercial actions.

Just to be clear, the stock and barrel on this rifle are NOT from Interarms. Interarms was never putting out rifles with quarter rib Douglas barrels or stocks like this. Someone had a smith build him a custom rifle using the action off an Interarms rifle.

STK - Interested. PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieterUlme

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]