Courteney boot fit

Tango

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Czech Republic
Thinking about buying my first pair of Courteney boots. I have wide feet (8.5 Wide). Can anyone comment on fit, break-in etc? Appreciate the help.

Tango: I bought one size under my current US size after fitting with Jim at @African Sporting Creations. I do prefer a tighter fit in all my boots and I like a good arch so maybe that has something to do with it. I will say they have a very large toe box for me (I have a fairly narrow foot) and I messed around with a few different insoles to fill that void up to get it where my foot liked it.
As far as break in I just oiled mine up and started wearing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Jim from African Sporting Creations and we are the US distributor for Courtney Boots. Sounds like you would take an 8 UK. Most just lace them up and start walking. If you have super wide feet may have to break them in a little bit at a time to avoid blisters but that is the exception versus the rule.

Thank you both very much.

Courteney makes their boots in English sizes. So if you usually take American 8 1/2, English 8 should be about right. Apparently, they are relatively wide, so a wider foot should not be a concern.

My feet are a bit on the wide side, so a very narrow design can sometimes fit me well in a much larger size. That should not be the case with Courteney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knuckleball

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!