Couple of days to go

DaneNav

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Sitting here on a Drillship off the coast of Angola waiting for the last three shifts to be completed.
Then it's a Thursday trip by surfer boat to Luanda, overnight. Then a flight to Johannesburg to meet up with the group.
Then we head to the Kalahari where I'll be hunting for Eland, Gemsbok, Springbok and maybe a Blesbok.

Kind of an unexpected trip as I was unaware of it until late January. But I guess I get to test the BRNO much sooner than originally expected.

I will follow up with pictures when I can.

Dane

Good luck!

Have a great trip, look forward to pics and a report!

At least your hitch is almost over. Shoot straight and have fun :)

Hope you have a great hunt! Good luck!

Good luck on your trip!

Good luck & safe travels.

Wish you the best of luck, Dane !

Congrats, I'm sure you will have a excellent trip!

The days seem to be getting longer. One more work shift after tonight.

Hope you have a great trip!

What caliber BRNO do you have? I have a couple a 7 x 57 and a combination gun in 12 Ga. over a 7 x 65R both are good guns. Good luck on your hunt.

Are you packed? Have you re packed? Don't forget your passport!

The BRNO is a ZKK 602 in .375H&H. I had been searching for it for a few months and found this one around Christmas time.
As for packing and passports, I packed in March when I left to come to work. I needed my passports then. However one of my passports is on the beach with the Angolan govt waiting for a work visa to be put into. I may be leaving it and traveling with one. One shift to go. They are getting long.

Good luck Dane

Good Luck

The crew are packing for their flights this afternoon. I just found out I will get my passport back from the government tomorrow when I get to the beach. I can't wait to eat a burger and fries tomorrow.

Well I'm on the beach in Luanda. 5am wake up for my flight down to Joburg. Having a much needed Adult Beverage after 29 days at sea. The crew should be just leaving Europe for Joburg.

Ok, made it to Joburg and the guys dragged me to the hunting expo. WOW. What a show.
For some reason I can't attach photos via the phone right now. If the smart guy shows up, maybe we'll ask him for help with it.
I got to handle a few Rigbys at their booth. Fine firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xshheecx

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's