Counting the days now

Pablo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, Puro Pinche Low Fence Hunting
Hunted
USA, South Africa
Anyone flying out of Atlanta to Joberg July 16th? My blonde and I are headed out then. Coming back the 25th. If you are, let’s raise a glass or three while we’re waiting. Got the .375 Ruger grooving along and looking forward to it. Hunting with Phillip Bronkhorst.

Thank you sir!

What is your #1 trophy you are looking to take?

Kudu and black wildebeest. Did not get a chance at either my first trip.

Good luck and shoot straight! Anxious to hear about your hunt, my wife bought us a hunt with Phillip in August of 2025.

Phillip is not cheap but he is a super guy. He’s donated a lot of hunts over the years and gets repeat clients. He and a couple of his guys have stayed with us 3 times over the past few years. I’ve really enjoyed visiting with them and picking their brains on stuff.

He donated a hunt to our state SCI chapter. That’s were we met his guys.
In your opinion what animal is a must hunt in his main area? I’m definitely going to hunt a tsessebe and blue wildebeest, 2 animals I haven’t hunted before but the biggest goal for the trip is to get my daughter and son in law to Africa, hopefully they will fall in love with it as my wife has.

I'm guessing it would be kudu. Supposedly, they have some really big ones there. Eddie, his bro-in-law, said they had spotted one he thought would push 60". I thought it was really interesting when he was telling me how hard it is to judge them as there are so many variables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyeWood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.