Convert a pedestal mount to a wall mount

charleslabounty

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 4, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
282
Location
Florida
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA, IDPA, RTBA
Hunted
US and now RSA
0D341F11-0DFB-4F08-898A-361E314039FC.jpeg
So, we moved into a bigger house. Thought we had a plan for the taxidermy mounts.
Three small antelope wall mounts and one pedestal mount. But the floor plan is not working out so good for the Kudu pedestal. The house has high ceilings, so I am thinking about going up with the Kudu.
Any have ideas on an easy way to for me to mount the Kudu, and maybe using the all thread rod already in the mount?

(Googled and found many entries on going from a wall/shoulder to a pedestal.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, just build a habitat base for a wall mount. Sky is the limit; you could use artificial rock, earth, wood, or any combination there of.
 
Good suggestion Erik.

Otherwise it's shoulder shot with a big lag bolt drilled through and through. :D
 
Sure, just build a habitat base for a wall mount. Sky is the limit; you could use artificial rock, earth, wood, or any combination there of.
gizmo,
So are you saying I mount a large shelf on the wall, and then drill a hole in it for the all thread rod from the mount?
Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.23.46.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,888
Members
170,449
Latest member
MarkusSayl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top