Charger adapter

CarsonG

AH senior member
Reaction score
So I’ve looked on Amazon and some other websites to find a charger-adaptor for charging my phone in RSA, the place I’m staying at says that the power is at 110v so I shouldn’t need a converter. The question is, should I just buy the converter in case I’m not so lucky where I’m staying next time? If so, or not, what do people have that is recommended?

You don’t need a converter to charge your phone only an outlet adapter. It would be a mistake not to travel with an outlet adapter.

I bought these last month because mine were getting old. $14
IMG_5019.png

Converter not needed but get multi-country/global outlet adapter to give you "anywhere" options. $20
If you look closely at your charger you will see it is 110/220. In the airport either leaving or arrival the terminal you should be able to find s country adapter. Buy several they seem to disappear.

Lon

So I’ve looked on Amazon and some other websites to find a charger-adaptor for charging my phone in RSA, the place I’m staying at says that the power is at 110v so I shouldn’t need a converter. The question is, should I just buy the converter in case I’m not so lucky where I’m staying next time? If so, or not, what do people have that is recommended?
Converters are not needed. Everything but hair dryers and curling irons are dual voltage these days. I don’t think you will be bringing one!

Got my set at local Walmart. It was a last minute item as I had overlooked it when checking my list of items to pack.

Out of the set only the South Africa plug came up AWOL.

I appreciate it guys, I’ll definitely take the above mentioned advice, and in order to not disappoint Philip Glass, I guess I’ll leave my hairdryer at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardtar

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt