Cases for Blaser R8

jimbo1972

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just bought my first Blaser R8 Professional Success and looking to build a custom case. Going to have foam custom cut. Looks like Pelican 1700 or Pelican storm im3100 will be best options. Need to hold, stock, 3 barrels and 3 scopes with mounts and have wheels. Only thing I don’t like about these to cases are they only open half way. Any other suggestions?

I don’t think you can get all that in a 1700
I have stock and two scoped barrels in my custom cut foam case and there’s no room for more

This is my setup for when my wife & I travel using the GunFoam GF-4514 with custom foam, similar size to a Pelican 1720. I believe this would be the right case for what you want to pack. What cartridges do you plan on taking?

1723989924637.png

BTW - A Pelican 1700 with foam (not custom foam, but the crappy open-cell stuff) sells for about $320 on Amazon. The GunFoam GF-3714 (same size as the 1700) with full custom foam goes for $360. Definitely worth the extra $40.

Mine was $400 because it's a little bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hjwdwhfghdfs

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?