Cape Buffalo taxidermy

Big5er

AH member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
this answer to this question may be obvious but as I am planning my dream trip I will go with the old belief that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I have noticed in the many pics of trophy buffs an extreme difference in the "countenance" of the buf's face if I may phrase it that way. Some have much more of the "you owe me money" look than others.

My question is can this look. unique to each Buffalo be duplicated by the taxidermist and what if anything other than the trophy (good pics?) would I need to supply. Thanks.
 
Yes it can you will need to check for good African taxidermist...Start looking early...
 
Yes it can you will need to check for good African taxidermist...Start looking early...

Or a good American taxidermist, haha.

Big5er, to answer your question, yes a good taxidermist can duplicate the look you are looking for. And yes good pics are a must. But getting good,live pics of the actual buff you harvest might be tough though. Alot of facial expressions will change once you have your buff on the ground because of muscle relaxation. The taxidermist you choose to use should have lots of live reference pics that you & him/her can go through to find the look you are looking for.
Good luck on the great hunt, I am jealous !!!!!!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,387
Messages
1,574,787
Members
170,166
Latest member
VaughnMcQu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top