Can I make 375 ruger from H&H?

Eddie P

AH veteran
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
116
Reaction score
39
I know this may be incredibly dangerous, but it makes sense in my head. SO...

As the 375 ruger bold face is the same size as the H&H can I trim and fireform the H&H to the Ruger?

I know it will stress the case, but I was thinking of it for making some low pressure rounds for regular use (trail boss and cast bullets). I'm really not sure if blowing out the case a little will stress it to the point of danger / failure.

The reason I ask is that the .375Ruger cases are hard to get hold of in the UK.

If I'm asking for a bolt sized permanent cavity in my skull please tell me. :)
 
Can you form a H & H case that you can stuff into a .375 Ruger chamber? Yes
Will it be safe? NO
The base of the H&H is .021" smaller in front of the belt than the .375 Ruger chamber.
This is NOT "blowing out the case a little bit."
Don't try it.
 
I've just looked and the belt is wider than the diameter of the rug case. So I'll give up.

Thanks for the advice though.
 
Can you not order from somewhere else?
 
Sounds like it would be easier to go back to the ole H&H!
Thanks for asking the question before diving into it. Most people wouldn't have and you could have made it on here as a picture of what not to do!
Cheers,
Cody
 
The whole UK firearms market is the same size as a big basspro. I can't mail order from the USA, so I just need to wait for them to arrive.

The h&h would be more convenient, but I need a stainless rifle. Hence the Ruger guide gun.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,420
Messages
1,575,644
Members
170,370
Latest member
DonteHalls
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top