Cameroon begins a civil war?

NW Cameroon.
1024x576_739717.jpg

REUTERS 26/04 - 15:22

CAMEROON
A separatist conflict in Cameroon that has forced half a million people from their homes is in danger of worsening, the head of a major aid agency has warned, condemning what he called the “international silence” over the crisis.

Can’t get the English version of the Speigel article for some reason.

Thanks. I go to Cameroon end of Dec and trying to keep up with the news. This is all far from the hunting area thankfully. Nothing from US Dept of state lately so we will see.
Philip

I certainly don't know enough about the specifics in this case to speak directly to the issues. What I find fascinating is that these two regions of Cameroon abut the old Igbo, and Igbo sympathizer area of Biafra. Biafra declared it's independence from Nigeria in the 60's. By 1970 the war with Nigeria was over and a couple million Biafran's were dead.

It would be interesting to know how many people in these area's of Cameroon have the same tribal backgrounds and common cultural as Biafra once had. It looks like they are trying to create their own nation of, Ambazon?!?!

This is probably another example of lines drawn in the sand at the Berlin Conference that have no bearing on tribes or cultures. It would be interesting if Africa had around 300 countries for the last 130 years instead of 53 and if those countries were built primarily around tribal and cultural identities. Would Africa and the world be a more peaceful place? Probably not, but it would make for interesting discussion around the campfire.

Here is hoping for a quick resolution and peace for those affected.

Thank you for sharing. Let us all hope this gets no worse and that a solution to the difficulties found!

Doubt that this will have a quick resolution. All citizens of color from Cameroon are eligible for the Visa Lottery Program (Diversity in Immigration) and also for asylum in the USA......as are almost all Africans. But perhaps peace will break out.........thanks for posting..................FWB

Longitude and latitude did not play a role for the indigenous peoples at that time, they were only an instrument of the imperalistic Europeans.
When the OAU (Organisation for African Unity) was founded in 1963, Julius Nyrere was the only head of state, to want old colonialist borders back. Why? He could have reintegrated Rwanda-Burundi into Tanzania.R/B used to be "German" and his sphere of power would have been even greater.

It is a fairy tale of the lefties, that these peoples are weak and unstable because we, the Whites, have arbitrarily imposed borders on them.
Look to Asia, the "Small Tiger States", at that time an illiteracy rate as in Africa, exploited up to shirt of the great powers, today a factor of the world economy.
With all sympathy for the Africans, they simply cannot.
But without our political help it will tip over there.
And over a hundred million poverty-stricken and desperate refugees in Africa are not held up by any wall.
Foxi

Longitude and latitude did not play a role for the indigenous peoples at that time, they were only an instrument of the imperalistic Europeans.
When the OAU (Organisation for African Unity) was founded in 1963, Julius Nyrere was the only head of state, to want old colonialist borders back. Why? He could have reintegrated Rwanda-Burundi into Tanzania.R/B used to be "German" and his sphere of power would have been even greater.

It is a fairy tale of the lefties, that these peoples are weak and unstable because we, the Whites, have arbitrarily imposed borders on them.
Look to Asia, the "Small Tiger States", at that time an illiteracy rate as in Africa, exploited up to shirt of the great powers, today a factor of the world economy.
With all sympathy for the Africans, they simply cannot.
But without our political help it will tip over there.
And over a hundred million poverty-stricken and desperate refugees in Africa are not held up by any wall.
Foxi

Agree with most everything you say there.

There are many issues that face Africa and Africa alone. In no way would it be conceivable that any country in Africa could perform in the same way the Asian Tiger's have done. A Botswana or Namibia may be the example to strive for.

The maps of the world have always been drawn to consolidate power among the powerful. 130+ years ago was no different. South Asia has many of the same problems as Africa. Would an Afghanistan and Pakistan be better off divided into countries primarily filled with Pashtun, Baluchi, Uzbek, Tajek, etc. Would a Kenya be more peaceful today if it was divided into countries primarily filled with Kikuyu, Luo, Maasai/Samburu, Somali, Turkana, etc. and divided into 10 or so separate countries?

Regardless what current day political correctness teaches us, homogeneous groups get along much better than diverse groups.

My fear for Africa in the next 100 years, is that there will be a mass pandemic, probably related to drought and famine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayHersom9

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa