Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
It may not be possible given I cannot find a bullet puller for a 470 NE. Any thoughts please?

Attachments

• RCBS Collet Bullet Puller Collet 47 Cal (475 Diameter).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
Awesome!!! Can you help me with the hammer or die this would fit please so i can buy both? Thanks!

I bought a Lyman inertia puller for my .416 Rigby. I just went down to my bench and put a .500 N.E. in it with the collet behind the case so it would still tighten up when assembled. Worked on the .500, no problem. .470 looks to use the same shell holder so it should work. I might make a washer to go between the plastic and case I was going to pull a bunch.
One hit in the picture. Your handload.
IMG_0518.jpeg

The rest of the collet puller Per Matt.

Attachments

• RCBS Collet Bullet Puller.pdf
    693.7 KB · Views: 86
I have used the kinetic pullers for a very long time. if you reload different calibers and have many mistakes to pull, they will get bent handles and the collets will wear out. Switched to RCBS bullet puller with several sets and it is wonderful. No marks on bullets and less mess. It is your eraser. Since every round that comes off my Dillon or Rockchuckers gets gaged before it goes into the boxes.

I bought a Lyman inertia puller for my .416 Rigby. I just went down to my bench and put a .500 N.E. in it with the collet behind the case so it would still tighten up when assembled. Worked on the .500, no problem. .470 looks to use the same shell holder so it should work. I might make a washer to go between the plastic and case I was going to pull a bunch.
One hit in the picture. Your handload.View attachment 585598
KE one last question please. once you pulled the bullet, filler and powder do you have to resize again before reusing the brass or is it good to go since not fired?

Thanks!!!

KE one last question please. once you pulled the bullet, filler and powder do you have to resize again before reusing the brass or is it good to go since not fired?

Thanks!!!
I have found that you should resize because you can lose neck tension on the brass, although I usually just neck size at that point.

+1 on RCBS. Add collets as needed. Clean and easy.

Thanks!!!
Been a minute since I pulled much. Would think I could tell when I reseated if it still had enough neck tension or not.
I am not the easiest person nor the hardest on equipment. My RCBS inertia puller I have used over 35 years. Only bought the Lyman because it works on the larger cases.

Just a side note on using an inertia puller, if you put a bit of soft rag or an ear plug at the bottom of the tube bit, it stops damage occurring to the tip of the projectile when it comes out of the case.
And I use the hornady collet puller for most of my ..... mistakes......
gumpy

Th collet bullet pullers are by far better than the inertial pullers. I once loaded 100 rounds of 30-06 with the scale set incorrectly. By 10 grains!
I knew the inertia puller was not up to the task so I drove to Scheels and purchased the RCBS collet puller above.

Th collet bullet pullers are by far better than the inertial pullers. I once loaded 100 rounds of 30-06 with the scale set incorrectly. By 10 grains!
I knew the inertia puller was not up to the task so I drove to Scheels and purchased the RCBS collet puller above.
And significantly quieter....

Collet pullers don’t work with cast lead projectile, and they can mark some soft copper projectiles, hence the need for both collet and inertia pullers
gumpy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneRus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt