Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
South Africa, England, Scotland, USA
Not sure where to post this so started here...

I have 4 375 bullets from our hunt in australia and cant figure what to do with them... Having a buff shoulder mounted and 2 euros done. My google search didnt pop up any cool ideas. How are you guys displaying used bullets? I know i can pour them in epoxy but just a bullet in a chunk of epoxy seems boring.

Thanks,

Dale

I don't recover very many but I will use a thin piece of leather like a shoelace and hang them from the horn of the animal if possible. Keeps them together and tells a story. Plus you can actually handle them if needed

Thank you both. K-man, any pics?

Similar to @Hunter4752001

IMG_8943.jpg

Following one of the few occasions on which a bullet was recovered, I glued the bullet and an empty case onto a small board and placed it beneath the mount. Later added a small plaque engraved with the date and distance.

In my mind now I’m thinking drill small hole in back of bullet, epoxy in string, hang from mount. Wouldn’t call that art but it’s something lol.

Our Australian guide was big on recovering bullets. I think he just liked cutting open animals…

Good or bad, I have an idea, make a necklace with the recovered bullet and hang on the mount.

I like that. Maybe my shoulder mount needs a proper necklace

I’m curious about this as well, I tell the skinners I will pay them 5$ US for every bullet they recover. So far it’s cost me about 30$. I need to find something to do with them other than just laid out on a back skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarltonWor

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?