Buffalo tanning to leather - HELP...

Tanks

AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
7,304
Reaction score
27,223
Media
128
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I just talked to my taxidermist. The tannery they have been using for clients' buffalo and elephant skins to be tanned to leather went out of business during Covid. Their other contact does commercial wholesale and takes over a year.

They have been telling their importers to get the leather tanning overseas, but I was not communicated that.

So, anyone know of a tannery that will tan buffalo skins to leather. I'd hate to trash the skins after paying for it to be shipped here.

Thanks in advance.
 
TANKS, I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY USE FOR THEIR TANNERY BUT BOTH WOODBURY'S TAXIDERMY AND CONROE TAXIDERMY, BOTH IN TX., HAVE DONE ELE AND BUFF REAL NICE FOR ME.
 
PM sent
 
On the buff, do you want hair on or off? Seems a lot of US tanneries wont handle hair off tanning these days, OR the fee to process is outrageous.
 
Specialty Leather Boone IA
 
Yost Leather in Wisconsin. They specialize in finished hides for durable goods. Had a buff done there and it came out fantastic. Even Dick Murray was impressed by their quality.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,020
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top