Buffalo Hunt

Here is something I thought of related to gear. I intend on wearing long pants for the hunt. Do you suggest I wear gaiters? Not that I would mind buying a pair and having them on hand but part of me wonders are they necessary and also I don't want to be "that guy" looking like "Mr. Safari" with all the garb even though it is not necessary. Not that I care what I look like, especially in the bush but I have been in camp with "Mr. Safari" guy who seemed to be more worried about looking and acting the part than being a genuine fun person in camp.
It depends. I wear gaiters with long pants and low top boots to keep grass and seeds out but also so my pants don’t ride up on the boot top. If I wear boots that come up a little higher so pants always easily fall over top them and cover up the laces I see no need. Depends on the boots you wear on your hunt.

Don’t ask me why I take these photos on safari. I’m wondering why now myself lol. But example of gaiters needed vs not needed to keep pant leg riding up and grass getting in.
IMG_5738.jpeg
IMG_5737.jpeg

I prefer to wear cheap wrangler cargo pants and buy them about 4” longer than my inseam. This does stack the pant on top of the boot but keeps the critters from getting up the pant leg. No gaiters for me.

I usually wear gaiters. Grass seeds in socks drive me nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linqinggou637

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?