Brno 458 Lott By Jack Lott & AHR

Luvthunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
This rifle was originally put together by Jack Lott for an editor of the Petersen Publishing Co. I have a signed letter from that editor certifying.

When I received the rifle I sent it to Wayne at AHR for his #2 modification and asked that he also do a pop up peep and an AHR removable break. All of the above was done.

It was received with a synthetic stock of unknown origin that was installed by the Robar people. This is covered in the above letter. Had AHR check bedding and it met with their approval.

Barrel length 22.5
Weight 9.2 # ( bathroom scale)

Feeds and extracts as you would expect from AHR.

$4000

IMG_0178.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0184.jpeg
IMG_0185.jpeg
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg
IMG_0188.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I will comment. Interesting rifle, appears a bit light given the caliber. How many rounds does the mag hold? The BRNOs seem to hold more than most rifles. Maybe loaded up with 5 or 6 rounds, plus a scope, might get you to 11 lbs. What is the LOP? Where is the rifle located? Have you shot the rifle?

This might just be me, but when someone lists something for sale on AH, I really wish that "For Sale" would be clearly stated in the title. Granted, most listings in the classifieds are for items for sale, but some are also for looking to buy. If I read your literally, it is not clear you are actually selling it. Many folks buy a new and interesting gun and share photos, background story, etc. Your "ad" has that look. Interesting rifle, AHR worked on it, you have $4k in it. Not clear you are actually offering for sale.

Yes, rifle is for sale.
LOP 13 3/4”
Mag holds 5 rounds.
Yes, I have shot it. I purchased the piece in 2018 for a 2020 hunt that was cancelled. It is my second 458 Lott. The first was put together mid 90s and developed hair line cracks in the stock along the tang. Member of my family took it and put it in a synthetic stock. I replaced it with this Brno and have always felt fortunate to have found it. It is a great DG rifle.
As I am now a senior senior citizen I have made the decision that Africa is no longer in the cards for me. So I am down sizing my firearms and this is the first to go. Would rather sell on this forum then others we are aware of.
I have more then$4000 in it but as we know that is not relevant to the sale.
I can tell you this you will look a long time before you find another Brno in the very fine condition this is in.
Thank you for the questions as I am inexperienced in selling any of my sporting equipment so appreciate your help.

FFL to FFL shipping included to lower 48. Other then that buyer pays shipping.

Dark stock and the pictures are dark and that makes for a tough bit of seeing.

But it looks like it may be a Bell and Carlson to which the end user just added some grip texture, akin to what Mike at Tac Ops does on his rifles if one wants to see other examples.

Stock is also bedded, I can imagine the only other possible maker might be HS, don't believe that would be a McMillan? But being bedded and up to AHRs standards there, it would be of no worry to me that it's not known, can't imagine an issue.

I also see what looks like porting just behind the thread protector, is that accurate? So this gun would be ported and braked if you twisted the brake on?

Good luck to you, interesting gun.

yes, I had AHR send the gun to mag na port to do a single port on each side of the barrel to reduce muzzle lift and improve cycle time.
Thank you for your imput it was interesting, and it is an interesting rifle thanks to the efforts of Mr. Lott and the finish work of AHR. I have always thought that it should be in the hands of a PH as I believe it will be of highly dependable and reliable service.

Seems like it ought to be a very sound working rifle that could make someone very happy to own.

Seems like it ought to be a very sound working rifle that could make someone very happy to own.
Thank you Tarbe for those words. The rifle is in exceptional condition and was never hunted after Wayne did his magic at AHR.
I would be willing to negotiate.

Price reduction to $3500 buyer pays shipping.

Money order or check only. Will hold rifle until check clears.

Would like to move this any interest or need for more pics I can do what ever is needed.

Back up as buyer backed out.
To help sweeten the sale I will include a set of 30 mm Talley rings that fit this rifle and drop the price to $3000 shipped. My orginal may have been too high based on my limited knowledge.

Last edited:
This rifle is an outstanding Brno in excellent shape. AHR (Wayne) work alone was $2600+ and he did the usual great job. Feeds and extracts as smooth as glass.
With the brake removed the porting reduces muzzle lift and improves recycle time.
It is an excellent DG rifle.

Thank you and I believe that with the synthetic stock it will be able to endure the recoil and hard hunting of the DG. So will be a dependable rifle for a long time.

This rifle was originally put together by Jack Lott for an editor of the Petersen Publishing Co. I have a signed letter from that editor certifying.

When I received the rifle I sent it to Wayne at AHR for his #2 modification and asked that he also do a pop up peep and an AHR removable break. All of the above was done.

It was received with a synthetic stock of unknown origin that was installed by the Robar people. This is covered in the above letter. Had AHR check bedding and it met with their approval.

Barrel length 22.5
Weight 9.2 # ( bathroom scale)

Feeds and extracts as you would expect from AHR.

$4000

View attachment 566195View attachment 566196View attachment 566197View attachment 566198View attachment 566199View attachment 566200View attachment 566201View attachment 566202View attachment 566203View attachment 566204View attachment 566205
Very interesting working rife.I dont like the front sigth but its a good rifle

I have been to Robar and talked with Robbie Barrkman. He was a very cool guy that was from South Africa but came to my home state of Arizona. He was not only a Master GunSmith and Firearms instructor and the owner/creator of Robar but a ver cool guy!
Anyway I tell you this because he and McMillan had a very close working relationship! They worked together on a lot of military and hunting rifles! So if I had to bet, I’d bet that is a McMillan stock…
Just a good guess though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudolfKirk

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]