Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Screenshot (297).png

mm-header.jpg

'THE BEST CHAIR YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF'

Dear Fellow Enthusiast,

At the height of their power, the British Empire was sending troops to three continents. Officers, who were accustomed to the comforts and luxuries of home, were now displaced and sleeping in tents. To appease these upper class soldiers, some of the best furniture makers in London began creating stylish, practical and portable pieces to furnish the temporary camps.

Below are four mahogany pieces that were designed after the actual pieces of antique British Campaign Furniture. These pieces are extremely sturdy and were designed to assemble quickly.

British Campaign Gun Rack

gunrack.jpg
gun_rack_back.jpg
gun_rack_closeup.jpg

This beautiful and functional piece stores up to 9 firearms in leather covered spaces that are wide enough to accommodate 12 gauge S x S shotguns.

Roorkhee Chair, Side Table & Wash Basin/Champaign Bucket

chair.jpg

Roorkhee Chair

campaign-furniture-set.jpg
roorkhee_flat.jpg

The Roorkhee chair was among the most popular models of campaign chairs used by British Officers from approximately 1898 to the start of WW II.

Side Table

side_table.jpg

This side table has a closely slatted wood top that you cover with the canvas top and like all the other pieces collapses down flat for easy transport.

Wash Basin/Champagne Bucket

washbasin.jpg

This basin has many uses….champagne bucket, wine cooler, shaving station or washbasin. Only your imagination will limit its application.

Safari & Campaign Furniture & Accessories

Like everything else we offer, our British Campaign furniture and accessories are unique and have a great story behind them. To our knowledge, they are the only ones designed after actual pieces of antique British Campaign Furniture. These pieces are extremely sturdy and were designed to go together very quickly and then break down in minutes for storage or transportation. It is almost be impossible to tell the difference between these items and what was supplied to the British military in the late 1800's and early 1900's during their many campaigns around the world when the "Sun never set on the British Empire". This versatile furniture first saw service in India and was then used extensively during the Boer War in South Africa. After that, it continued to earn its stripes on the Dark Continent during the Golden Age of Safaris that started in the early 1920's. Over 100 years after its original debut, some of the very best African Safari Outfitters are still putting it through its paces.
All these products will last several lifetimes and use the best raw materials available.

• Solid African Mahogany framing-an extremely strong wood
  • Solid brass screws and fittings
  • Wash basin uses powder coated metal for rust resistance
  • Thick, vegetable tanned, hand worked leather
  • Heavy duty canvas coverings
  • Canvas drawstring bags for easy transport
  • Full assembly instructions
Each piece is custom made, one at a time, by exceptionally skilled artisans in South Africa by this “Best Quality Manufacturer”. These distinctive and unique items add excitement to any setting as a little bit of the Dark Continent travels right there with you. Order your assortment of pieces today and start enjoying them tomorrow on your next adventure!

Good hunting,
jim.jpg

African Sporting Creations

What would your PH say if you turned up with the sink!:ROFLMAO:

I really like this stuff. It would look cool on a patio

I have two of these chairs (*purchased while in Africa no less) and they are absolutely favorite talking items in the house. We love them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maybell426

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]