Bringing 7x57 to Africa for HS Question

Reaction score
Hunted
USA
Good Evening,

Has anyone had an issue bringing 7x57 Ammo to Africa instead of .275 Rigby for the Highland Stalker? After calling Hendershots they no longer carry .275 Stamped Rounds but still can make 7x57. The HS on top of the rifle says .275 Rigby but on the side of barrel says .275/7x57. Would it be an issue getting 7x57 over there? Never went through the process yet.

Thanks

Image1686337636.238328.jpg

See if your outfitter can lay some ammo for you.

I wouldn't worry about it. They seem more concerned about caliber than actual cartridge. Even my last couple of SAPS permits only stated caliber.

Africa is a large chunk of land, what country are you planning on hunting?

In two trips none of my hunting partners (15) nor I have ever had our ammo looked at by anyone other than weighing it on the last trip by Qutar Airlines. This was in South Africa

Good Evening,

Has anyone had an issue bringing 7x57 Ammo to Africa instead of .275 Rigby for the Highland Stalker? After calling Hendershots they no longer carry .275 Stamped Rounds but still can make 7x57. The HS on top of the rifle says .275 Rigby but on the side of barrel says .275/7x57. Would it be an issue getting 7x57 over there? Never went through the process yet.

Thanks

View attachment 538843
Rigby marked the Highland Stalker 275 and 7x57 to cover that issue. But like others, I have never had my ammo looked at coming into South Africa or Namibia

Safe hunting

Africa is a large chunk of land, what country are you planning on hunting?

In two trips none of my hunting partners (15) nor I have ever had our ammo looked at by anyone other than weighing it on the last trip by Qutar Airlines. This was in South Africa

This would be for SA. But it seems you guys haven’t had an issue or with them checking Ammo and perhaps this is why Rigby stamped both.

Appreciate it guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLKKendra

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with