Brass availability

Ivorygrip

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 20, 2021
Messages
381
Reaction score
308
Media
15
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
Good day all, I just learned something unfortunate.
For a while I have been looking for retailers to get in some Hornady 500 nitro brass, figuring on the demand of everything I wasn’t expecting it, but I called Hornady and spoke with a nice lady there and she told me “it looks like the cartridge cases for the 500 have been discontinued“ and she figured they would never make them to sell as components again.
Obviously they are still making factory Ammo but from the sounds of it the cases for the almighty 500 NE will be no more from hornady.
I did not ask about any other calibers so maybe they will still make some other big bore cartridge cases in the future…
 
Hopefully they will continue making factory ammo for it. I have a 450 Rigby. Hornady was cheapest option and commonly available until recently. It now lists discontinued.
 
Good day all, I just learned something unfortunate.
For a while I have been looking for retailers to get in some Hornady 500 nitro brass, figuring on the demand of everything I wasn’t expecting it, but I called Hornady and spoke with a nice lady there and she told me “it looks like the cartridge cases for the 500 have been discontinued“ and she figured they would never make them to sell as components again.
Obviously they are still making factory Ammo but from the sounds of it the cases for the almighty 500 NE will be no more from hornady.
I did not ask about any other calibers so maybe they will still make some other big bore cartridge cases in the future…
Buy Norma 500NE brass from Raven Rock Precision which is in stock. Better brass in my opinion versus Hornady
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,237
Members
169,981
Latest member
FabianPoun
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top