BOTSWANA: Tholo Safaris Botswana 2019

Kelly G

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
2 x Zimbabwe, Botswana, East Cape RSA, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, California, British Columbia,
Hi Gang,
I was lucky enough to hunt the same time with Glen and his dad at Tholo Safaris.
Everything was excellent. Quality of game outstanding.
PH - Steven did an excellent job full filling my species list, including a few extras.

Anyone planning a hunt at "Tholo Safaris" will not be disappointed.

Regards,
Kelly Graham
Washington State

Eland.jpeg
Gemsbok.jpg
Hartebeast.jpeg
Impala.jpg
Kudu.jpeg
Springbok.jpg
Warthog.jpg
Waterbuck.jpeg
Wilderbeast.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great help with some nice trophies! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

You guys took some fine trophies! Welcome to the AH forum!

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, very nice trophies !

Looks like a very successful hunt. Nice trophies. Would love to read some tales of your hunt. Details! Thanks
Bruce

Well done, congrats on some fine animals.

Super trophies. I am keen to go after Eland on my next safari.

Wow!
High 50's on the Kudu?
Asking for a umm... friend.... :)

Some fantastic trophies in that lot but for me that kudu is awesome. He must be pushing 60. I am @shootist’s friend that wants to know?

Tholo means kudu in the Sotho language. I had the good fortune to hunt with them a few years ago. Great hosts and PHs. Very nice camp with beautiful accommodations and meals. When I was there the waterhole in plain view of camp where we enjoyed sundowners each evening had a resident leopard who strolled along and climbed into a tree as we watched every night. I killed a kudu that was a little over 58 inches there and he was not the largest one we saw. Good gems, zebra and others. Really nice zebras as well. You couldn’t go wrong with Tholo safaris. The owner Clive Easton is a nice guy.

I have been fortunate enouther to hunt with Steven and Besa twice and hope o again, unfortunately Besa time was cut short on the second hunt by the passing of his father. He was there when i took my Kudu. The first trip we were so picky, if you have been there you know why, that on the last day I made a bad shot and hit a second time and we spent the whole day tracking with no success. I took my the first day of my second hunt, Besa saw the horn first. All I saw was a rump. Steven tapped his shoulder and I knew what that meant. All i saw of my 57ish bull was a shoulder as I pulled the trigger. I regret nothing. That day put 4 animals in the salt, 3 of my top 3. We had time for some relaxing bird shooting that trip. Great animals all. Tholo is truly a special place. I am going to Zim in 2022 and that outfitter has some big shoes to fill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNIChastit

Latest profile posts

Got Apparel started out with just a small line of brands in 2007 and today, we’ve become one of the largest online wholesale clothing stores you’ll find. We stock some of the greatest brands including Adidas, Gildan, Port Authority and Hanes.
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?