Bluff or real

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Messages
8,392
Reaction score
33,185
Location
Michigan
Media
54
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
I stole this magazine cover from another post. It was used to discuss where to aim to stop him.

My question is. Is this a false charge. Or the real deal.

He appears to be throwing dirt with his left foot.
So I’m saying it’s a bluff.

What do the elephant body language experts say ? Or guess.

IMG_2719.jpeg
 
If, in the next few seconds, you become goo between his toes--then it was real.
This picture reminds me of the words of Wyatt Earp in a movie: "you are presently enjoying the last moments of your life."
 
At the instant the camera snapped bluff.

Lon
 
I believe this photo is from an film by South African movie director Jamie Uys. Maybe from "Animals are beautiful people".
So i suppose that nobody got hurt and the charging tusker was filmed from the safety of a truck and not shot.
A very famous picture indeed, appeared on several books or posters over the years...

Best regards!

523_-565520278.jpg
adgc.jpg
mondo hunt.jpeg
 
So a question for you tusker experts.

Omit that this is from a camera lens. And put yourself in the cameras spot.

What body language in this picture tells you it’s a bluff.
And clue us in what you look for when it’s the real deal.

The only clue I know in this picture is the dirt throwing, and the ears forward. And that may not even be accurate.
 
I wonder if the elephant knows how famous he is. :ROFLMAO:
 
It’s the swapping tusks that keeps him out of the limelight :ROFLMAO: he wanted dark glasses but they said it was too much of a reach:X3:
 
So where do we find this movie?
Movie was a classic back in the day - it was the pre cursor to Gods must be crazy. Same guy . I believe it was made in 1979.
 
I wonder if the elephant knows how famous he is. :ROFLMAO:

Obviously I know you are joking, it is funny to think about the fact many people believe he would feel some type of way about it. The truth is he was just doing what he was programed to do for centuries. That is why some people throw up their arms about hunting and fishing. I guess that don't watch nature shows very often. I would rather a quick death by a hunter than beening eaten alive by a predator. We all have to go, which way is better? People are funny creatures.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,476
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top