Blazer R8 Wanted

Heurbon

Reaction score
My father is celebrating his 75th birthday in a few weeks and my siblings and I want to get him something special for his birthday (he is impossible to buy for…). He is going on a shooting / hunting trip with some friends and mom says he has been itching for a special gun but can’t find one that he wants. A Blaser R8 Luxusnor attaché. So I’m reaching out to this forum to see if anyone has a Blaser R8 Attaché or Luxus for sale. Ideally something in the 30-06 to 300 Win Mag range.

I’m based in NC. Please post to the forum or PM me if you have something for sale. I’d also appreciate any leads on one…

Sincerely,

Matt H

Sorted...
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...agnum-25-5-quot-rifle-rh.cfm?gun_id=102161347

https://www.covecreekoutfitters.com...rade-5-lion-buffalo-engraving-caliber-choice/

https://topdoggunsglobal.com/product/r8-wood-stock-model-luxus/

https://www.somarriba.com/product-p...-6-5-prc-23-fluted-bbl-gold-titanium-nitrided

I've personally purchased from Cove Creek Outfitters, Top Dog Guns Global and Somarriba. I know several people who have made purchases from The Sporting Shoppe. Great people at all these places.

Attachments

Last edited:
Also wanted to say welcome to AH...where we consider it our mission in life to help you spend money on firearms.

where we consider it our mission in life to help you spend money on firearms.

They are very good at this…

Be careful not to get sucked into optics discussions, travel case discussions, or boot discussions either… they are all very expensive :D

Top Dog guns will suit you very well. Van can work to your budget and for the R8 that can be $2000 to $15K. R8s have interchangeable barrels. Get 06 or 300 WM standard contour and you are in great shape.

They are very good at this…

Be careful not to get sucked into optics discussions, travel case discussions, or boot discussions either… they are all very expensive :D
...cartridge holders, safari clothing, wrist watches, headwear...etc.

And we haven't even gotten to CRF vs PF or why the 30-06 is just as good as a 300WM for Africa.

@Heurbon - Have you met @Bob Nelson 35Whelen? He's our resident expert on how to turn a 243WIN into a tomato stake and how to use the 35W on everything from field mice to eland.

And we haven't even gotten to CRF vs PF or why the 30-06 is just as good as a 300WM for Africa.

@Heurbon - Have you met @Bob Nelson 35Whelen? He's our resident expert on how to turn a 243WIN into a tomato stake and how to use the 35W on everything from field mice to eland.
@BeeMaa
I would use the Whelen on even bigger game with a 275gn Woodleigh, 310 gn Woodleigh RN or solid or 280gn A Frame If'n it were legal. Hell I would even have a crack at an elephant with 225gn Woodleigh hydros. I reckon the would punch thru the skull from one side to the other no worries.
Dang the 9.3x62 loaded with 286 or 300 grainers has been doing it for over 10p years. I don't see any reason for the 35 Whelen to be any different.
Bob

Another brand new "member" posting a want to buy. Seven plus decades on this rock, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. Just got done reading a local website with a person posting a gofundme to help with her 500k home's mortgage payment.
caveat venditor and YMMV.
Edit: Another first timer listing a WTB seems to have lost interest, or, maybe he/she was a scammer.

Note to owners/admins: Like most websites, change the rules for classifieds, a minimum amount of posts, no ads for six months or more, especially want to buy, and a verifiable name and address. The scammers here seem to have learned that their are a lot of too trusting souls on this site.

Last edited:
I am a first timer. And not a scammer. And haven’t lost interested. Feel free to give me a call (happy to give you my cell or even office number) if you’d like to chat with me (non-AI voice). Heck, I’ll even face-time if you want. Not that it eliminates the possibility of a scammer, but at least you’d know where to find me. PM for my phone numbers.

Thank you BeeMaa. I’ll peruse the leads.

I’ve not met @Bob Nelson. But sounds interesting…

Do you hunt?
I am not a rifle hunter. I am an ex-bird hunter who currently more enjoys sporting clays and throwing pigeons. I have never hunted a four-legged creature. My brother and I are trying to surprise my father with a special 75th birthday gift. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t shoot it if given the opportunity :)

Now that I think of it, I do have a very well aged 22 rifle that I got when I was in my early teens. Maybe a Marlin? Probably shot a squirrel or two that I wasn’t supposed to… does that count? Haven’t seen it in years, so guessing my nephew never returned it after I loaned it to him. It was a fun plinking gun.

I’ve not met @Bob Nelson. But sounds interesting…
@Heurbon
I'm not interesting, I'm boring as batshit. Hate 243s, tolerate the 6.5 crudmore.
Am a 25 tragic and a 35 Whelen lunatic.
Mate I'm in Australia but if your ever over here I would be happy to meet you.
Welcome to the AH family.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWe

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]