Blaser R8 with Suppressor

jimbo1972

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just a FYI.
If you are going to put a suppressor on a Blaser R8 you will need the high quick detach rings. Otherwise the suppressor will take up the bottom 1/4 of the scope field of view with the low mount. Only rifle I have had this issue with. With that said I now have 3 mounted but never fired low Blaser R8 quick detach scope mounts I will part with for $300 each shipping included to lower 48.

On my 375H&H barrel with iron sights and Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 in a Contessa QD mount…I can see the barrel and irons at 1x.

It’s only in the bottom 1/4 of the scope and I never noticed until you pointed it out. My brain just deletes it as I concentrate on the sight picture. I also use both eyes (open) at 1x so that may have something to do with it.

At 4x (and above) the field of view has closed down to exclude it or it’s too blurry to be of any concern.

I’d take a close look and see if you REALLY need to switch or maybe dialing up the magnification will change things. Every combination is different and so are we as individuals. Do what makes the most sense for you.

I use SR (rail mount) versions of the Z8 on my R8s. Even at 0.75x I don’t see the suppressor. For many reasons I only use rail mount.

On my 375H&H barrel with iron sights and Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 in a Contessa QD mount…I can see the barrel and irons at 1x.

It’s only in the bottom 1/4 of the scope and I never noticed until you pointed it out. My brain just deletes it as I concentrate on the sight picture. I also use both eyes (open) at 1x so that may have something to do with it.

At 4x (and above) the field of view has closed down to exclude it or it’s too blurry to be of any concern.

I’d take a close look and see if you REALLY need to switch or maybe dialing up the magnification will change things. Every combination is different and so are we as individuals. Do what makes the most sense for you.
It’s minor on the sights for the 375 barrel but my Banish backcountry suppressor is 1.7 inches in diameter really obscures my view on the 257 Weatherby and now 300 Win Mag.

I would be interested in one of the mounts

Reduce magnification. I have a z6i, I believe 12x, on 375 Blaser with threaded natural and all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CherieBatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia