Blaser R8 22LR threaded barrel

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Anyone know what the threads are on the R8 threaded barrel? I cannot find it published anywhere and it isn’t marked on the barrel. I’ve emailed Blaser, so I should know in a day or two but the sooner I find out, the sooner I can get a thread adaptor and put my suppressor on this thing.

I had mine done here in the US and purchased it (already threaded) from Top Dog Guns Global with 1/2x28 threads. Probably not real helpful but there a multitude of thread adapters out there for .22 caliber suppressors...yes, even metric.

That would have been the smart move. I got mine threaded straight from Blaser, so it has some sort of metric thread. I thought it was a 15x1, but the adaptor doesn't fit. So either I was sent the wrong adaptor or I was wrong about the 15x1.

Whoever you purchased it from should be able to provide you with the thread diameter and pitch.

The Blaser standard thread diameter and pitch for a 22lr kit is M15x1. That is 15mm thread diameter and 1mm thread pitch. Please see the picture below and if there is a question, please seek out a professional to measure it for you. Another way to do it is to take it to a store and thread on a nut of a known thread pitch. It is possible that you were sent the wrong adapter.
1695088718486.png

Thank you. I thought it was 15x1, but the thread adaptor I ordered doesn't fit. I am wondering if I was sent the wrong adaptor. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Fastenal tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you. I thought it was 15x1, but the thread adaptor I ordered doesn't fit. I am wondering if I was sent the wrong adaptor. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Fastenal tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.
Probably the quickest solution. At the same time, take the adapter and see what that is as well.

I finally got this sorted. Fastenal had M14 and M16 but no M15 to try. I searched all over the Blaser website and all threads listed were metric. I contacted Blaser but never heard back. I called Euro optic ( the people I purchased it from) and it took them a few hours to find out it was M15-1. Which as it turned out, it was not. So I measured it with my calipers at 0.625 inches. Turns out it is 5/8-24. The threads have the same nitride finish as the rest of the barrel, so it must have been done at the factory. They must have known it was going to the US and put standard threads on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]