Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
Here is my wildebeest
20160810_164651.jpg

More walls to go.
They do make an incredible trophy.

Where did you have your black mounted?

Makes for a special room there.

nice, well rounded collection of mounts. congrats!

WILDEBEESTE_zpseoip1znw.jpg

_black_wildebeeste%204_zpsbmy1n22q.jpg

Attachments

• _black_wildebeeste 4_zpsbmy1n22q.jpg
    _black_wildebeeste 4_zpsbmy1n22q.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 233
  • WILDEBEESTE_zpseoip1znw.jpg
    WILDEBEESTE_zpseoip1znw.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg

Here's my beast slam with the black closest to the camera.

A black is near the top of my want list!

A black is near the top of my want list!

It's hard to get those critters to stand still. They seem to be running all the time. Now I suspect if you had a blind at a water hole it would be a different story!

Question On Dennis ' s mounts of three blacks, the bottom has huge ridged bosses the left one has heavy bosses but no elongated big ridges. Is that genetic or is that age difference?

Good question Jeff! I am betting age difference.

It's all about the African guy boiling them....the upper left one IS NICE and plump and not overcooked, they way it should be.....not looking deflated or sunk in.....
If you see the bottom one and upper right one....Look at the boss , looks like a deflated tire, sunk in and collapsed.
OVER BOILED !! In Africa. To rebuild would be expensive to the tune of couple hundred bucks lot of rebuild time.
We do the best we can with what Africa sends us. The quality of your mounts starts IN THE FIELD and at camp. Not juts when we get them.

I've seen that same thing though in harvest photos where some have that big ridged boss and some don't.

Would like to see those pics and enlarge them.

Will try and find some examples. If you look at Paw Prints hunting pictures of Billc and his group of all their trophies you can kind of see what I'm saying, the one on the right more elongated and ridged the one on the left not so much.

Have has hundreds of blacks in my hands , all the ridged ones are sunk in and so brittle they break like peanut brittle on your hands and are ones that were overcooked Badly, so bad that they even black chalk when rubbed.

Thanks for the input, I've mounted a few but didn't realize that the difference was in the prep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueA

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!