Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC
Hunted
USA
Just finished up the assembly of my future DG rifle. 1950 Win Model 70, Krieger barrel, 375h&h. NF NX8 1-8 with illuminated reticle. Now, we need Swift to put out some A-Frames.

51070D95-539E-4475-9503-51CB9C853163.jpeg
D80A4EE4-9B8C-421A-AB20-B211EA210C58.jpeg
D4473E4D-8F2D-49AC-9901-996B35070980.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I like where the weight is. Easy to cary and still pleasant to shoot. Let's see some targets!

And when you said "black rifle" I was thinking about a 375 HH on a AR platform

I like it! Simple but very capable.

Looks like a rig that will handle some tough use and serve you well. Put it to work and have fun!

A very nice and I am sure accurate rifle, I am sure. I do have one concern. On a DG rifle fast reloading is essential. A one piece scope base somewhat limits the space you have for fast reloading.

Thank you everyone. The scope base was a challenge. I had to bring the rifle to a local smith to mill the base. The 1950 magnum length action done’s not have a standard screw spacing so we went with something close and modified it. After some range time, I may pull the scope rail and mill the middle portion out and turn it into a two piece base.

Notice the absence of A-frames. I may have to load some 250gr Sierras for plinking

677BE96F-7280-4BF0-8DA8-394766CCE6A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think milling the scope base to a two piece base would be a wise decision. I have seen .375 H&H cartridges improperly ejected where they came up and hit the 1 piece base. Fortunately this was usually when someone was cycling the rifle to empty the magazine and not during a fast cycle while hunting.

I believe the stock is a Brown Precision, but not positive. The rifle came with that stock when I purchased it.

Couple of questions-The stock finish looks like a pickup bed rubberising- Is it a soft to the touch or hard surface finish ?

And that Night force scope-Is it a true 1x scope ? Can you shoot with both eyes open ? Cos that would be useful if the poop hits the fan. Be sure to practice shooting with both eyes open if you can.

Two Tracks Win. Mod. 70s have had three different "rear" hole spacings over time. Warne has all three of them available. I had a similar issue a while back, that is why I know.

Couple of questions-The stock finish looks like a pickup bed rubberising- Is it a soft to the touch or hard surface finish ?

And that Night force scope-Is it a true 1x scope ? Can you shoot with both eyes open ? Cos that would be useful if the poop hits the fan. Be sure to practice shooting with both eyes open if you can.
The stock is definitely not like truck bed lining, although it does look like that. It is a very hard textured surface over a composite mesh material. Similar to the gray composite fiber that is common on current stocks.

Yes, the NF is a true 1x. it is a first focal plane scope, so the illuminated reticle looks like a red dot. If needed, you could crank up the magnification to 8x and take a longer shot.

Two Tracks Win. Mod. 70s have had three different "rear" hole spacings over time. Warne has all three of them available. I had a similar issue a while back, that is why I know.
The front screw spacing was standard. The rear appears to have originally been a single screw from the factory. At some point, a second screw hole was added exactly .5” behind (or in front of) the original and all the holes opened up to #8s. Everything is working out now though. We will see if the rail causes any hiccups with loading and unloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulienneYe

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg