Big pod death grip

Siennacoyote

AH veteran
Reaction score
Bought a big pod death grip and it stated its non maring . It scraped the heck out of my wood stock. First recommendations to stop it from occurring ? Would a rag in the grip work. Second what’s recommended for making the stock look nice again . It’s a hunting gun but it’s okay to be pretty too :)

That’s odd… I use a death grip head quite a bit and haven’t had it mar anything I’ve shot using it yet..

My biggest challenge with it is even torquing the head gorilla tight to the stock of some of my heavy boomers like my 300 prc and 300 win mag, the stock will sometimes shift a little in the head and have to be readjusted and tightened again…

But even when I’ve got it clamped down gorilla tight and the head shifts against the stock, I haven’t gotten any scratches…

@mdwest Dave - I had the same issue - and found a tip on another forum that worked OK - basically replace the plastic washers with metal ones.

It was pretty straightforward - try searching for 'BOG DeathGrip Modification' or similar.

So do you think I just don’t have a tighten down enough? I’ll send pictures of my stock when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin375

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?