Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
rsa, Namibia
There was a thread posted about taking a picture of your Bible, rifle, and knife. Just curious about why that was taken down.

Some mentioned it might be offensive to someone and some that it had nothing to do with hunting in Africa. There are hundreds of threads, entire forums, that have nothing to do with hunting in Africa that have not been taken down. There are 1000s of posts that might be offensive to somebody that have not been taken down. Just curious why this one was taken down.

I’ve reached out to the original poster, so he might can explain. Haven’t heard back from him yet, so I thought someone here might could explain.

There was a thread posted about taking a picture of your Bible, rifle, and knife. Just curious about why that was taken down.

Some mentioned it might be offensive to someone and some that it had nothing to do with hunting in Africa. There are hundreds of threads, entire forums, that have nothing to do with hunting in Africa that have not been taken down. There are 1000s of posts that might be offensive to somebody that have not been taken down. Just curious why this one was taken down.

I’ve reached out to the original poster, so he might can explain. Haven’t heard back from him yet, so I thought someone here might could explain.
My 2¢. We have a Politics thread. That's enough off topic for a hunting forum.

Jeremiah 16:16 !
If you don’t want to see someone’s bible, then don’t open that thread.
That said, politics and religion are wildly divisive and make poor conversation. I like your idea and there are certainly a lot of prayers sent when someone needs them from this site, so I don’t see the problem with pics of bibles.
Have a nice sabbath all!
IMG_0315.jpeg

Religion is a great way to ruin a good site quickly.
Bible, Quran, Tora has nothing to do with African hunting or hunting in general.
There are people here from every religion or non believers.
Kudos to moderaters to take it down.
Politics forum is enough!

I’m not a Christian, but (personally speaking for myself) I don’t see how the photograph of a Bible can offend anybody.

I mean, one of the best things that book teaches around 2000 years ago… Is religious harmony:
“Be kind to strangers for you yourselves were strangers in Egypt”

Religion is a great way to ruin a good site quickly.
Bible, Quran, Tora has nothing to do with African hunting or hunting in general.
There are people here from every religion or non believers.
Kudos to moderaters to take it down.
Politics forum is enough!
As a Baha’i practitioner I believe all religions have equal standings
And also have a time and place! A hunting chat group isn’t one of them
On my Texas bow hunting site I follow they have a guy who has ruined the site with his endless religious post !!!
Please let’s not go there on here
IMG_0997.gif

Last edited:
Sorry, was asleep (it’s 4:40am here).

I’m surprised to be honest it was taken down. Thought here was a nice group of religious folks also. And there are heaps of threads loaded with “prayers sent” posts so figured hey, maybe some would enjoy a chance to share their Bibles also.
Yes, I’m disappointed at the outcome.
Like @everett says there’s plenty of offensive posts made daily that don’t get touched. If we can’t stand a thread that contains a book in it (and if it’s a book you don’t believe then why should you care anyway?).
As for what it has to do with africa - well I can guarantee you if I make it over that books coming with me. I’m off to the states next week, and it’s making the trip again (2nd time with me, it’s 5th trip across the Pacific).

Ah well, decisions were made and it’s not my forum.

In Spain we say that Politics, Religion and Football will ruin any forum.

Personally, I´m not ofended by almost anything.

In Spain we say that Politics, Religion and Football will ruin any forum.

Personally, I´m not ofended by almost anything.
And football, ha :P

There’s a politics thread here with 42000+ posts. Heck it even contains videos of soldiers being killed.

Threads:
Politics > 40,000 Posts
On a Lighter Note > 40,000 Posts
“Lighter Politics” Humor > 800 Posts in 4 months

It would seem to me that many members enjoy and participate in non-hunting related threads.

I was hoping a moderator might could provide some explanation for the thread’s removal. Not sure how to directly contact a moderator short of direct correspondence with Jerome. @AfricaHunting.com

Any moderators here who could give some insight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusannaLki

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]