Best Powder measure

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
Looking to buy once. Need a powder measure that will load ball and tubular powder with minimum leakage and without bridging. I don't intend to integrate the measure with any other machines (just the way I learned to reload).

i appreciate any suggestions that you have.

Thanks,

Mike

I have used a number of different ones. Surprisingly, the cheapest has proven the best, the Lee Perfect powder measure.

+1 on the Lee.

Harrell’s are fantastic. I have 3, one for pistol, one for medium rifle, one for large rifle. You can do fine with the one large one. Sinclair sells a stand for it that is sweet. Buy a Harrell’s once and don’t look back.

I have several Redding all sourced second hand so I can't comment on others.
The 3BR models are considered accurate

Lee are very affordable and many say their Lee stuff works. I would hope some of the pricey stuff meets expectations.

Looking to buy once. Need a powder measure that will load ball and tubular powder with minimum leakage and without bridging. I don't intend to integrate the measure with any other machines (just the way I learned to reload).

i appreciate any suggestions that you have.

Thanks,

Mike
@Nevada Mike
I think you are looking for the holy grail. That's why I use 2. The Hornaday is good for ball powder and no leaks but can be finicky with some tubular powder.
The other is a Lee powder measure, brilliant for tubular powder but leaks a little with ball powder.
Bob

I have used a number of different ones. Surprisingly, the cheapest has proven the best, the Lee Perfect powder measure.
@WAB
The Lee is brilliant for the price but mine doesn't overly like ball powder. Maybe I've just had it to long a nd put to many pounds of powder thru it. After about 10,000 measures something has got to wear.
Bob

Lee dippers............$14 :A Whistle:

1619610796621.png

I have an old Belding and Mull and a newer Redding but, unless I'm loading more than 20 rounds, I can weigh the charges with a spoon faster than setting up either measure.

I have an RCBS CM lite. I love the thing and dont know what I did before it

Whats your budget?

I used to use the RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure and was happy with it.. but felt compelled to still weigh every charge on a scale which was super time consuming..

I picked up a Hornady Lock-n-Load Auto Charge Dispenser and Scale a few months ago.. Its made a HUGE difference for me.. Consistently accurate to .1 grain as long as you run it on a slower setting (still faster than a hand dispenser and then hand weighing).. and has reliably fed all ball and all stick powders I've tried in it so far..

The auto dispensers are a bit spendy.. the Hornady is about $330.. The RCBS version is north of $400.. So I took a while to convnice myself it would be worth spending the money...

But I have ZERO regrets after using it to make about 400 rounds so far.. its been a great and worthwhile investment..

Wait... You have powder??? Are you sure you want to call attention to yourself like that? (jk) ;)
For the first time ever we have more powder, primers, bullets and loaded ammo in UK shops than you guys do in the USA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the first time ever we have more powder, primers, bullets and loaded ammo in UK shops than you guys do in the USA :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Truth.
But maybe not in your closets....:sneaky:

Truth.
But maybe not in your closets....:sneaky:
I have 3k primers and about 4.5kg of powder I dont have enough bullets but can soon get my paws on them. I restocked on Friday as they had loads at the club shop

Harrell. No doubt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3chunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!