Barnes TSX's in the Krieghoff Classic Double

Ardent

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
284
Reaction score
309
Deals & offers
2
Media
20
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
Canada (British Columbia, Alberta), Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Limpopo, North Cape), USA
I've read cautionary tales about using anything other than conventional lead core bullets in doubles, I presume due to the stress a solid copper bullet, or even a Partition, can cause to the soldering.

Is the Krieghoff Classic capable of safely and routinely shooting Barnes TSX's? I took my Cape Buffalo bull in April with a TSX from my .375, really like the TSX's, and I'm interested in little else bullet wise. I imagine, at least I hope, double technology and/or build strength has improved to the point the Krieghoffs can shoot any modern bullet.

I'm interested (one day far in the future when my wife allows I should add) in either a 9.3x74R Krieghoff Classic, or a .375 Flanged, if caliber makes a difference.
 
Ardent,

I cannot answer your question, but would suggest that you contact Barnes directly. I've sent them technical questions about reloading TSX's and got responses to my emails in 1-2 days.

- browningbbr
 
Hi Ardent
I am shooting a Krieghoff 470 and was told by the builder of my rifle only to use Barnes original's but i am using woodleighs 500 gr's for many years now with very good results. The barnes bullets does perform very well in my 375.
 
Good info, appreciate it, I think I'll take the question straight to Krieghoff and see what they say.
 
Krieghoff got back to me, might be of interest to some so here it is. Looks good to me.

Krieghoff said:
Dear Sir;

Thank you for your inquiry. Generally speaking, yes, you can use solid copper bullets in our Classic Double Rifle. However, it is a hunting gun and not a match rifle and a large number of solid bullets shot through the gun will wear it quicker. We recommend using the soft bullets for target practice and the solid only for hunting.

I hope this helpful!

Thank you!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,067
Members
168,828
Latest member
Gravesoe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top