Anyone visited Enid and Champlin Arms?

Hornedfrogbbq

Gold supporter
AH elite
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
1,593
Media
1
I know George and JJ are mentioned on multiple sites i visit (obviously including this one). I have a business meeting in OKC this week and thinking of popping up to meet them.

Any suggestions or recommendations to do so?
 
George is in Enid. Make an appointment and bring your listening ears. George will sit you down inside the gun vault and tell you lots of stories and show you lots of really cool guns.

J.J has a newer shop on Keystone Lake. He also has a gun vault with some really cool guns, just not as extensive as George's. You need an appointment there as well. J.J. is trying to be partially retired.
 
+1

JJ’s place is just a few miles west of Tulsa on the lake… my wife and I were there just a few weeks ago… he’s got some incredible firearms in the vault right now… definitely worth perusing if you’re in Tulsa.. but that’s a bit of a haul from Enid…
 
I walked into George’s shop maybe 6 years ago. George wasn’t there, but someone told me to walk into the vault and look around. I handled quite a few guns. George walked into the vault maybe a half hour later and we had a great conversation.

JJ is just as personable and maybe 90 minutes to the east of George.

Ken
 
Yes. Went up there from Dallas about 8 or 9 years ago to buy a Perazzi 20g George had in the vault. I traded an old Beretta 12g plus some cash. Enjoyed meeting George and seeing all the guns in the vault. So many it was hard to pick out one to examine. JJ was still in the same location at that time.
 
Just call and make sure he knows you are coming.
 
I made a pilgrimage to Enid a few years ago. Champlin is located at the airport in a fairly nondescript building.
 
They are both really great guys @Just Gina and I consider friends.

At the Tulsa gun show we bought a Chapuis double for Gina, her second from George. The next day this gangly old man came half running up to Gina and gave her a big hug then with his arm around her looked at me and declared he was stealing my wife! Then added "unless she's too expensive". I smiled at Gina and said "I'll see you soon Baby". George laughed his ass off!

George has since lost his wife and took it hard so please be aware and kind.
 
George has since lost his wife and took it hard so please be aware and kind.
Yes. Also his long-time secretary. So visit him, spend time there but call first.
 
If you do get a chance to visit George in Enid, just ask if you can sort through the various piles laying around. He will say yes...and then dig through as much as you can. He doesn't remember what's in the stacks and you never know what can be found. There is probably a broom handle Mauser pistol laying in the middle of the vault at the bottom...been there for years...I've found howdah pistols...cased Daniel Frasers...and all manner of curiosities. George is a real gentleman and a pleasure to visit. Be aware, a lot of what's on the website is not updated and long gone. In other words, the website is NOT a good measure of what's there or what's come in lately. He still has guns listed that I bought from him years ago. It's not unethical...it's just not his strong point to update the website or GI.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,777
Members
169,015
Latest member
ficstamite1980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top