Anyone stay at the Intercontinental Joberg Airport?

ACM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
My father and I plan to stay a night at the Intercontinental at Johannesburg air port on the way to MOZ.
Does anyone have any experience with staying there?
Where do your guns stay?

It is very nice and a great option. Close to where you need to be, plus good food and bar.

Yes. Good choice. It's just a short walk across the street from baggage claim. Good bar and food.

Reactions: ACM
My father and I plan to stay a night at the Intercontinental at Johannesburg air port on the way to MOZ.
Where do your guns stay?

I have stayed there a couple of times. Excellent property and your guns stay in the room with you.

HH

Where do your guns stay?
Your trip is getting close. I cant wait to hear the report. You and your dad are going to have a great time!

Thank you, very much looking forward to it. I think about it so often it may actually be a problem :).
I enjoyed reading your report and hearing all the details at DSC!

We stayed there on our last trip and will be staying there again in June. We definitely liked it and it was an easy transition after landing. The restaurant was also very good; however, if you're a whiskey drinker, don't ask for doubles. The concept was lost on the waitstaff and all I got was a "single" at double the price.

Yes, I have. It is an excellent hotel. Just go out the doors at street level and walk about 50 feet. I kept my gun under the bed. Get a free cart, and pack your bags and gun on the cart and run the gauntlet of “baggage handlers” wanting to help you walk the 50 feet.

Stayed there after a canceled flight home. Location cannot be beat and the restaurant bar pool area was nice.

It would be perfect if there was a gun vault. I was nervous having the guns in the room knowing how many people in that building could open that door any time they wanted to.

Great place to stay close and if IHG member can book with points and save some cash, I recommend booking a reservation at restaurant prior to leaving as last trip they said they were full for the evening and had to use room service, food service not same quality even though from same kitchen. Guns stay in room and Bellhop will take them up for you and take you to ticket counter next day.

We stayed there on our last trip and will be staying there again in June. We definitely liked it and it was an easy transition after landing. The restaurant was also very good; however, if you're a whiskey drinker, don't ask for doubles. The concept was lost on the waitstaff and all I got was a "single" at double the price.

We have the opposite…
Imagine a South African rocking up at SCI in Vegas for the first time and ordering a double rum and coke….
It was like drinking a glass of jet fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirgieKzq4

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?