Anyone recently travel with scope in carry-on

Letzhunt

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I will heading to RSA in May and taking two rifles. Both have scopes but the 375 has quick release Alaskan mounts. The guns fit much better in my pelican case with the one scope removed. TSA says is ok for a scope to be in carry on but has anyone done that recently? Should I wrap it well and put it in my checked bag to avoid a potential issue. Flying United Airlines if that matters.

Have never had a problem. Put your binos in the carryon too

Same for me as with Happy Myles....I have carried optics of all kinds in my carryon for years and it's never a problem. On another note.....leaving several 338 RUM cartridges inside the elastic pouch on the side of the KUIU bino harness as it goes through the security scan.....now that is another issue altogether.......I really was innocent.

I will heading to RSA in May and taking two rifles. Both have scopes but the 375 has quick release Alaskan mounts. The guns fit much better in my pelican case with the one scope removed. TSA says is ok for a scope to be in carry on but has anyone done that recently? Should I wrap it well and put it in my checked bag to avoid a potential issue. Flying United Airlines if that matters.
I flew to RSA last August with two scopes in carryon. No problems at all. Only issue was the bipod in carryon. The security people at Pearson in Toronto got all in a conundrum because they thought it was a gun part. There is an international "list" of allowable gun assessories/parts that includes scopes ... but not bipods. Eventually someone somewhere made a decision before I missed my flight and bipod was added to the list. When I went through customs at Joberg I moved it into checked bag.

Take the scope in carryon. You will be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxseb

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?