Another tech/security PSA

sgt_zim

AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
5,559
Reaction score
22,225
Location
Richmond, Texas
Media
33
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
3
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
South Africa, Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
Not sure how many of you might have caught this news in the last 4 or 5 days, but it seems at least part of Microsoft was compromised pretty badly by a Russian-supported hacking group that goes by a few different names - Midnight Blizzard and Cozy Bear are 2 of them. This is the same group responsible for the Solar Winds compromise back in 2022

MS has responsibly disclosed, but they still don't know the full extent of the penetration, nor even if the bad guys are still maintaining some sort of presence in their network.




So far, no MS source code (for operating systems, web servers, database engines, et al) have been reported as exfiltrated, but stay tuned for that.

That's to say nothing of what China has been busy doing for the last probably 10 years or so, embedding spyware (and God only knows what else) in low tech hardware like port cranes, among other things.


We're still trying to figure out the implications of all this. But,

1710179800422.png
 
There was another hack of a major health care management company about 3 weeks ago. Ransomware from a Russian state sponsored hacker. My brother works for them, but didn't or couldn't tell me the name of the group responsible. That hack is causing a lot of issues amongst pharmacies and hospitals as the network is having to be completely rebuilt. So if you're having a bit of a problem with prescriptions and hospital/doctor billing, thank Putin.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,703
Members
169,827
Latest member
barbosroman878
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top