Airfare

I have always heard that late April through June is the most expensive, but haven’t verified that. A good travel agent would be able to tell you. I’d imagine that the African summer would be the cheapest time.
 
It depends on holidays and school holiday dates.

December and Easter period is more expensive worldwide.

If you holiday at the coast (and most vacation spots in SA) from late March - mid/end April (school and Easter holidays), June/July (school winter holidays holidays) and then December - beginning January.

I suppose it would be reverse for the northern hemisphere summer.

Arabic/Moslem countries for the pilgrimage period.

Book long in advance for better deals as they sell the cheaper seats first.

So your destination and lead time will dictate pricing. I don't think there is a specific cheaper period that I know of.
 
I flew to SA Joburg, then to East London towards the end of May, and returned 12 Jun, and I paid $1990.00 with Delta & Air Link. If I was you, I'd fly another airline besides United. There are some real horror stories about United flights to SA.
 
Also fly in the middle of the week if possible. Fridays-Mondays are more expensive.
 
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.37.42.png
 
Wow! That is a big help, trying to pick best time to go, looking at best weather, foliage/visability best to get nice trophies, and most economical. Thank you again.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,842
Members
169,429
Latest member
AnnaDonagh
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top