Affordable .470 NE

2L8

AH veteran
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.13.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.13.16 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Stickley was a well known metal smith who collaborated on a number of custom guns. Was not aware he did any double rifles. This rifle was clearly built on a Browning BSS shotgun action (I assume the original shotgun barrels). A number of people have used the BSS as the basis for a rifle over the years. Most BSS’s were made by Miroku in Japan (first production in Belgium). They are a very solid A&D double underlug boxlock. Even though they have a reputation for being very stout shotguns, I have always been somewhat suspect of turning them into rifles. I am pretty confident the original Japanese or Belgian maker wouldn’t have encouraged such projects. Most actual rifle makers use A&D actions that have been reinforced in some way. The BSS is not.

The stock work seems to be quite good, and if the seller is to be believed, it has been used in the rifle role successfully. Perhaps someone else knows a bit more about Stickley’s double rifle work and BSS conversions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasChilde

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?