Affordable .470 NE

2L8

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2018
Messages
179
Reaction score
219

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.13.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.13.16 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 245
Stickley was a well known metal smith who collaborated on a number of custom guns. Was not aware he did any double rifles. This rifle was clearly built on a Browning BSS shotgun action (I assume the original shotgun barrels). A number of people have used the BSS as the basis for a rifle over the years. Most BSS’s were made by Miroku in Japan (first production in Belgium). They are a very solid A&D double underlug boxlock. Even though they have a reputation for being very stout shotguns, I have always been somewhat suspect of turning them into rifles. I am pretty confident the original Japanese or Belgian maker wouldn’t have encouraged such projects. Most actual rifle makers use A&D actions that have been reinforced in some way. The BSS is not.

The stock work seems to be quite good, and if the seller is to be believed, it has been used in the rifle role successfully. Perhaps someone else knows a bit more about Stickley’s double rifle work and BSS conversions.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,539
Members
169,370
Latest member
RustyBinns
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top