A small repair

nztimb

AH ambassador
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
5,410
Reaction score
22,339
Media
1,632
Articles
6
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
4
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
A friend dropped the lovely little Sako off to get a repair to the wrist as it was showing what appears to be a splinter crack from a sideways thrust. It has a corresponding crack up high on the other side
original.png
crack shown.png
 
In case it had a potential to travel further through the wrist it needed a reinforce through the wrist. Nothing will stop a break if the rifle suffers a fall with the hunter having his weight go onto the wrist but any weakening of the stock from the original pressure (fracture)?? should be aleviated.
I extended the thread on a 2 inch x 1/4 inch bolt full length and cut a slot along the side for epoxy/air escape when being inserted.
IMG_20210816_094643.jpg
IMG_20210816_100142.jpg
 
Last edited:
Run the threaded rod in to check it will go below flush then add the epoxy and install. Wait for the epoxy to cure and mix more with wood dust and form to original shape so the action bed is not distrubed.
IMG_20210816_101418.jpg

IMG_20210816_102527.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,541
Latest member
ithunmersa1975
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top