60 inch Kudu?

zenbear

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
211
Reaction score
34
Location
Pittsford New York
Deals & offers
5
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Touched by the hand of God
Hunted
USA, RSA , Canada
Hi All,
We all read about the magic 60" Kudu. I have never seen anything close. I don't know anyone who has. A few nice 55's and 56's but not 60". Can anyone say they have seen a verifiable 60 in recent time?

thanks-Jerry
 
About the best outfitter I know for BIG kudu is SS Pro Safari. They have shot 60+ inch kudu on their property. Scott is a good guy! Highly recommended.
 
Waterberg Region of South Africa are good for 60" ers in my honest opinion there can be no pride in taking a bull that was recently taken purchased at an auction, as a PH or client.

My best always
 
I am working on laying my hands on one every time I go out.
I'll post a picture when I get my own.

I had my hands on one in Vaalwater. It had been donated for trophy estimating...
I could not believe that trophy was in the pile.

We made sure it was taken out of the pile and provided a little more respect.

They are out there..
 
Waterberg Region of South Africa are good for 60" ers in my honest opinion there can be no pride in taking a bull that was recently taken purchased at an auction, as a PH or client.

My best always

I can't agree with you more. There is no thrill greater to me when I did a 4 mile trot across some of the meanest Eastern Cape Terrain in an hour and a half to get my free range 51 1/8" Eastern Cape Greater Kudu to this day I can think back on that and get a grin like a shit eating Opossums.
 
100% spot on!!!
 
mate i will be grinning like cheshire the cat if and when i crack the fifty inch mark when walking and stalking with my bow,only one ive got so far is 48.5 inches and that still makes me smile and remember the effort we put in to snag one ...
60 inch kudu would be great just see when sneaking in the bush to take one would be like kicking the winning goal in the grand final
 
Yeah Jerry I saw one last May on a cattle/hog farm in northwestern Namibia. Even at a half mile you could tell that he was something special. Watching my son and his young PH take off after him like their heads were on fire and their asses were catching was something special too. Long story short they eventually got him and he taped out at 60" and 61". I posted a picture on the judging kudu thread. They do exist but they are not easy to come by, even when you know they are there some where.
 
Zenbear
Send me a mail adress and I will mail you a 65 incher taken last year.
I battle to upload pictures here.
 
View attachment 16220
This was another bull taken in 2011 which was 58 inches.... Not the magical 60 incher you were refering to, but very close.
 
I hunt them, these 'sixty-fiver's', all the time. I get one at least once a month. Sometimes, two or three. All at once. And then, when I wake up, my coffee is ice cold...and my wife smiles because, somehow, she knows where I've just been..
 
Ha ha pretty much the truth right there :)

My best
 
I hunt them, these 'sixty-fiver's', all the time. I get one at least once a month. Sometimes, two or three. All at once. And then, when I wake up, my coffee is ice cold...and my wife smiles because, somehow, she knows where I've just been..

Your killing me Doc:laughing: now your going to have me dreaming about 65 inchers.:bonk:
 
mate i will be grinning like cheshire the cat if and when i crack the fifty inch mark when walking and stalking with my bow,only one ive got so far is 48.5 inches and that still makes me smile and remember the effort we put in to snag one ...
60 inch kudu would be great just see when sneaking in the bush to take one would be like kicking the winning goal in the grand final

I will be very happy no matter how big the Kudu will be if I manage to shoot a mature one without broken tips when I am going to walk and stalk with my bow this year :)
 
Yes enysse i've hunted with Scott at SS Pro Safaris nice big kudu Scott is a great guy and his wife is a sweetheart.
 
Yes enysse i've hunted with Scott at SS Pro Safaris nice big kudu Scott is a great guy and his wife is a sweetheart.

He just manages them so well! Great place to hunt for sure! He knows how to treat clients.
 
Hi,
I have read everything. Some of it was so cool. I get it. They are out there ...... kind of like a 180 class whitetail. Something just probable enough to haunt you.

thanks-Jerry
 
Hi,
I have read everything. Some of it was so cool. I get it. They are out there ...... kind of like a 180 class whitetail. Something just probable enough to haunt you.

thanks-Jerry

If 60 inch Kudu were as thick as 180 Whitetails in my neighbourhood I'd relax. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,895
Members
170,459
Latest member
Roman96B66
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top