577 Nitro Express

Papabear55

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
431
Reaction score
361
Media
16
Hey there, I'm in the process of getting my ruger no1 in 458 lott rebarrelled to 577 ne 3". I was curious if anyone had any opinions on bullet choice or reloading data? My current plan is to use the 750gr woodleigh softs at 2050fps but I'm always open to other suggestions if anyone has any. Intended game currently is just moose and brown bear but i plan on going for water buffalo and cape buffalo sometime in the future.
 
if your just hunting moose and bear then i suggest using lighter bullets at higher velocity. the woodleigh 650gr NE rated bullet would be a good option at around 2350fps. as for other bullets, http://hawkbullets.com has a nice selection of .585" bullets ranging from 560gr to 750gr.

make sure to add plenty of weight to that ruger no1 and you might also want to put a better stock on it. the ruger no1 stock is thin and uncomfortable and the guns tend to be extremely light.

-matt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,798
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top