500 Nitro Express Pistol

There has been a 600 Nitro version for years and if I remember correctly they made the barrel to imitate a canon barrel with a flare at the end of it like I believe they did with canons that fired grapeshot.

Anyways, yea, been done but bigger.

 
Those have to be reduced pressure handloads. The TC Contender frame cannot handle the case head thrust from the 500N.E. I have and shoot the same thing in the TC Encore, it is vicious!
 
Those have to be reduced pressure handloads. The TC Contender frame cannot handle the case head thrust from the 500N.E. I have and shoot the same thing in the TC Encore, it is vicious!
Need to get him to test a standard load the same way he test the rifle he explodes
 
Those have to be reduced pressure handloads. The TC Contender frame cannot handle the case head thrust from the 500N.E. I have and shoot the same thing in the TC Encore, it is vicious!
You would think so, my hottest loads in 45/70 made it feel like a grenade had gone off in you hand & a little numb & tingling !!

Not to mention barrel lift !

That .600NE is crazy but in a lot more heavy frame with added strength.

Emm it is way loaded down to, my 45/70 was worse than that & if you were smart you would wear a light glove ?
 
Looks downloaded to me. He’s not shooting full power 570s in a 3 pound T/C!
 
I wonder if the 500 NE has actually developed much velocity in that short a barrel. However much of the video just makes me shake my head at the level of stupidity involved in some of these videos. No wonder the antis think we're all dangerous nutters.
 
The velocity wouldn’t be that high but the recoil would be much more violent than in a rifle.
 
I am glad he is shooting it, I will take a pass. That is an encore frame so it will handle the pressures. Even with a muzzle brake recoil would be brutal.
 
I think I watched two videos by Kentucky Ballistics and concluded he/they are clearly attention seeking persons acting like idiots on YouTube for Likes and monetized videos.

I REFUSE to contribute to any idiot's need for attention and them receiving monetary compensation.
 
There are worse things out there… Mind boggling displays of idiocy
 
New sidearm for elephant country?

The Kentucky Ballistics guy (you might remember him as the guy who nearly died when a .50 BMG exploded into his face and neck) showcases his newest big bore pistol. Insane.

downloaded - my 500NE rifle would go straight through that Hardox plate
 
I am glad he is shooting it, I will take a pass. That is an encore frame so it will handle the pressures. Even with a muzzle brake recoil would be brutal.
Look closely, original G1 Contender with Pachmayer grips. No reinforcement belt around the top of the frame.
Screenshot_20230422-052421.jpg
 
You are correct I looked at the frame on the 600NE pistol. I shot full loads in a Ruger #1 500NE and that was more perceived recoil than my 500JEFF due to the stock design and weight of the #1. That said the #1 rifle weighs a lot more than the TC contender or encore.
 
I remember someone (very familiar to heavy recoil) at the early Linebaugh seminars shooting a 416 Rigby encore. It broke his finger. If you were to put a full load 500NE through a T/C, I think it would only happen once.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,387
Messages
1,574,787
Members
170,166
Latest member
VaughnMcQu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top