458 B&M On GB

John J

AH enthusiast
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
499
Reaction score
859
Media
63
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
1
Australia/NZ
1
Just a heads-up for someone interested. I have no dog in this race. John

Screenshot_20240426_082242_Brave.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool.

Any 585's owners, wanting to part?
 
Interesting mfr & builds .. I was reading the threads dedicated to B&M
 
I had picked up a model-70 to build on, but SSK is out of the B&M building business as far as I can tell, and Wes at AI gunstocks is very backlogged. I'll probably hold on to the M70 I have and if I can get a slot in Wes's build list have another B&M built. This one should cover the big end of the spectrum, perhaps a 9.3 B&M would be a nice medium bore to have next to it.
 
I built the 458 B&M Super Short over this last winter. Haven't gotten to play with it much, but I'm excited to. 20231214_122717.jpg
 
I did win the auction. Found this thread 30 min before auction close... talk about lucky timing.
Glad you found it! Also glad I wasn't bidding against you. Few days before I found this I picked up a M70 super grade 458 win. Now I can see what all the hulla-baloo may or may not be with this cartridge. I have an AHR 458 Lott to compare the 2 cartridges. Beating a dead horse but I have to satisfy curiosity [emoji38]
 
I’m just glad it wasn’t blue with nice wood or I would’ve been bidding also.
 
I'll take it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,323
Messages
1,572,898
Members
169,635
Latest member
DeliaMulle
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top