.416 Remington enough?

flat8

AH enthusiast
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
493
Reaction score
750
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
Media
137
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
4
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
IMG_0204.JPG


1/2 inch steel plate at 100 yards.

Still think I need a .505 Gibbs!
 
I have a 1/2" Abrasion Resistant steel plate that will stop any elephant gun going.... I think you might need to load your .416 with a 175 grain .25" saboted tungsten penetrator.... that should do the trick!
 
Personally, if you can’t get the task done with that, it’s your fault and not the cartridge. Pretty amazing !
 
LOL, great selling point to get that .505 Gibbs!
 
Do that with a solid and let us know what happens.
 
View attachment 219587

1/2 inch steel plate at 100 yards.

Still think I need a .505 Gibbs!

You answered your own question
I’ve used 416 RM for years
Always did the job and then some
If you can’t get it done with that gun. Then it’s definitely the operator not the equipment!!!

Regards
 
I would say the round will get the job done.
 
As long as you soaked up the recoil and were still ready for a follow-up shot if that mean ol' plate charged, you're good to go!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,886
Members
170,449
Latest member
MarkusSayl
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top